[CLOSED] LordM Giveaway #53 (pick your prize)

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Feb 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

That was certainly what sold me on that particular Austrian coin.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Granbeck

Granbeck Active Member

Entry post
    I would use the $25 credit toward a foreign coin if there is one. I am working toward a coin from every country.

4. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

Starts piling up timber for the tootsie warming party :D Screenshot_1.png

lordmarcovan likes this.
  5. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

Thanks for the giveaway! I would use it towards the 1962 silver proof Washington quarter. That's the year the world was blessed with my presence. Lol

6. mrweaseluv

I wasn't born in 62, but it is my highest ranked PCGS set (was ranked 13th at one point) I want to upgrade both the halves at this point, but not cheaply done hehe :D my proof set for 62 is ranked 115 and graded 68, but easier to get high grades in proofs :D Screenshot_4.png

lordmarcovan and enamel7 like this.
  7. lordmarcovan

This post (#126) is the entry post for AZSteve on Collectors Universe.

8. lordmarcovan

This post (#127) is the entry post for DarkRage666 on Collectors Universe.

9. lordmarcovan

There are lots of them. I am primarily a World Coin guy, after all. Check out the list, if you haven’t already. And I have hundreds more that haven’t made it to the list yet, so if there’s a particular country you’re after, just let me know that, if and when you win the drawing.

10. lordmarcovan

So let's have a drawing, shall we? Would have happened yesterday, if the site hadn't been kaput for the better part of a day. :(

I'm not sure what happened there, but the main thing is, we're back now! So I'm firing up the random number generator... :)

Severus Alexander likes this.
  11. lordmarcovan

Ye Olde Random Number Generator hath spoken, and it chose... Number 47!

47.png

And Post #47 was by... @Kasia!
    Congratulations, @Kasia!

Unless you have changed your mind and want something else off the list, you have won this key date Jefferson nickel!

(I had it priced at $26, and you won a $25 voucher, but don't sweat the extra buck. It's yours.) ;)

01-1950-D-5c-frame.png 02-1950-D-5c-obv.jpg 03-1950-D-5c-rev.jpg 04-1950-D-5c-slab-obv.jpg

12. mrweaseluv

Gratz Kasia!!! and thank you again for the giveaway LordM :D

Kasia and lordmarcovan like this.
  13. lordmarcovan

So this giveaway is closed now, but Giveaway #54 will run until the end of this month (March 2021). It is a little bit different. Check it out if you haven't already.

Hopefully that gives me time to finish moving my little vestpocket store inventory to the new site. I am moving from CollectiveCoin over to a much better French collection management site called CollecOnline. This means that eventually you won't have to deal with those hideously long page loads we've been experiencing with CollectiveCoin.

This is what the Giveaway Goodies page will look like over there. I'm hoping to be all the way moved in (at least with that stuff) by the time I launch Giveaway #55, sometime around the beginning of April.

14. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

Well done @Kasia and a big thank you once again to @lordmarcovan for a great opportunity and contest

15. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Congratulations to the winner,that's a pretty jeff.

16. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Darn! Lost again , LOL.
    Congrat's Kaz !

17. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

Congratulations, @Kasia! She's a pretty nickel. And my hats (I've got a bunch of them) are all off to @lordmarcovan! You're a good egg!

Steve

18. Idoono

Idoono Member

Congrats! Nice nickel.

19. AZSteve

AZSteve Well-Known Member

Congratulations Kasia - that was my choice too!

BTW, Lord M - since the range was 1-129, it appears that you gave yourself several chances to win too, like 1,3,12,87,92,93,95,104,105,116,121,128,129 (non-CollectorsUniverse referrals) what with comments and all. I imagine you just re-generate a new number if it comes up with one of those. How often has the Generator initially generated your own number?

Thanks for your generosity, and your work as a moderator!

Kasia, masterswimmer and lordmarcovan like this.
  20. lordmarcovan

Yes, I often have to do a re-draw when my own number comes up, which it does fairly often, as you can imagine. Often more than once.

I also pull another new number if it lands on one of someone’s secondary conversational posts rather than their entry post. And before I confirm a winner, I do a search to make sure they didn’t post more than one entry post.

This time the winner showed up on the first pull, though, with no need to do any re-draws.

But sometimes I have to draw as many as five or six times before it lands on an eligible entry post.

AZSteve, Stevearino and masterswimmer like this.
  21. kkm

kkm Active Member

Congrats @Kasia, and nice key date nickel!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.