[CLOSED] LordM & Ace71499 giveaway, February 2018

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Feb 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gene1978

gene1978 New Member

entry post

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Joshg1928

Joshg1928 Active Member

Entry post

New to the forum. Kind and exciting games you are playing. Thanks

4. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

Entry Post

I started collecting transit tokens last year, just because they're obsolete and interesting. The rest of the stuff looks like stuff that I'd collect as well.

I LOVE this kind of stuff!!! Please put me in!

5. Joshg1928

Joshg1928 Active Member

Entry post

lordmarcovan likes this.
  6. Joshg1928

Joshg1928 Active Member

Entry post

7. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

@Joshg1928 - welcome! Only one entry post per member, but I'll let Post #65 above count as your entry, since that's MY lucky number! (It's my birthyear.)

Good luck! We'll be having the drawing in the next 48 hours or so, so if anybody else wants to join, now's the time!

8. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

Entry post.

9. Mark Metzger

Mark Metzger Well-Known Member

Entry post

Just stumbled across this thread from my usual browsing in the World Coin forum. If we were lucky enough to win, Henry would love the tokens...they are one of his (many) favorites...along with British pennies, Chinese cash, error coins, wheat cents and god only knows what all else.
    Thanks as always!

lordmarcovan likes this.
  10. Joshg1928

Joshg1928 Active Member

It was unintentional, I’m digging the forum and appreciate not being disqualified

lordmarcovan likes this.
  11. Zed McJack

Zed McJack New Member

Entry post.
    I was wandering where is the February givaway in the Contest subforum, and by pure luck stumbled upon Quick quiz thread and a link to this thread that was in the Coin talk subforum that I am not reading at all.
    If I win by any chance a bag of coins I guess it will be problem to send it to Europe, but the chance is not high after all

Thanks for opportunity to both LordMarcovan & Ace71499, I applied on the last day lol

12. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

Entry post.
    Thanks for the contest @lordmarcovan ! I always appreciate the opportunity provided.

13. lordmarcovan

Yeah, I usually put these on the World Coins forum rather than the Contests forum, since they're more random drawing than contest. That's if they involve World coins. Since this particular one involved mostly US exonumia (but not really US coins), I just went with the Coin Chat forum, as sort of a general catch-all.

Doing a search for "LordM giveaway" should enable you to find the current one regardless, wherever I end up posting it. Maybe I'll settle on a regular spot for them eventually (and am open to moderator suggestion there). Maybe "Contests" is the right place, though they're not truly contests of anything but luck most of the time.

If you're in Europe and you win, I'll do what I told @coin_nut earlier. If you're outside the USA for this lot, and you win the drawing, I'll sell the lot and send you the money, rather than trying to ship such a heavy lot overseas.

I suppose it's time to do the drawing. Let me catch up on work here and I'll do that shortly.

14. lordmarcovan

So now we have...

The drawing results!

OK, so this month there were no "dead number" drawings. Two numbers were drawn, and both were qualified entry posts, so I didn't have to redraw multiple times.

@Garlicus won the grand prize- the huge sack o' tokens and the Zimbabwe 10-trillion-dollar note, for Post #6.

@John L. Caswell won the Red Seal $2 note from @ace71499, for Post #57.

Congrats, winners! I'll shoot you a PM. And thank you to @ace71499 for partnering with me this month.

Feb2018giveaway.png

As it happens, @Garlicus also recently won my "Quick Quiz #1" on the Contests forum, but that was from trivia skill, whereas this win was destiny- purely the whim of Lady Luck and the Random.org random number generator!

I haven't really gotten the "Quick Quizzes" going just yet, but those will be actual trivia contests on the Contests forum, whenever I feel the urge to post one.

These monthly (random) giveaways I will probably continue to post on World Coins or Coin Chat.

15. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Congrats to the winners

lordmarcovan likes this.
  16. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

Congrats to the winners. @lordmarcovan , thank you for your generosity.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  17. lordmarcovan

I am about to REclutter your house! Bwahaha! So much for spring cleaning, eh? ;)

18. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

This type of clutter, I like :)

Thank you so much for hosting this contest, as well as any and all others.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  19. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

I received my prize and I LOVE it. Thank you, again, @lordmarcovan

Now I just have to figure out a way to deposit the $10 trillion into my account without drawing suspicion from the IRS, lol.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  20. lordmarcovan

Ah, grand. Maybe there is a cherrypick hiding in that stuff, who knows.

21. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

Congrats to all of the winners!!! Thanks, Lord M!!!

lordmarcovan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.