Civil War Gold In Pennsylvania?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by yakpoo, Jun 25, 2021.

1. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

"After meeting with the treasure hunters in early 2018, the FBI brought in a contractor with more sophisticated instruments. The contractor detected an underground mass that weighed up to nine tons and had the density of gold, the affidavit said."

"He noted the warrant granted by U.S. Magistrate Judge Richard Lloret gave FBI agents permission to dig from 6 a.m to 10 p.m. But residents have told of hearing a backhoe and jackhammer overnight — when the excavation was supposed to have been paused — and seeing a convoy of FBI vehicles, including large armored trucks." :eek:

"In any case, the FBI said, the dig came up empty." :rolleyes:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/f...ocuments-reveal-01624592151?mod=mw_latestnews

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Scott J

Scott J Well-Known Member

There seems to be a few versions of that story. Very interesting, my bet is the didn't find it.

Inspector43 likes this.
  4. Scott J

Scott J Well-Known Member

Not that they'd tell you if they did find it.
    I just don't think they're smart enough to keep it secret.

Inspector43 likes this.
  5. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

If they ever do find it, I would like to see the coins they find. It seems like Pennsylvania might be a good place to go metal detecting. Buy a patch of farm land, metal detect it, then sell if for another patch of land. :)

Scott J likes this.
  6. jfreakofkorn

jfreakofkorn Well-Known Member

Well , if they found anything , doesnt the land owner and county receive a percentage ?
    With bringing in an outsider ( contractor ) , they have a certain or a probability in finding something but they did nt know at what .
    So they will just lie about it and cover it up and say nothing to see here , imo

rte and yakpoo like this.
  7. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

It sounds like something Rick and Marty Lagina would be involved in. Instrumentation says they're something there; actual digging finds nothing...

yakpoo, Scott J and Inspector43 like this.
  8. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

There’s allot of hidden gold out there, I just can’t find it, any help would be appreciated ..LOL, I will cut you in a 10% ..LOL

Draft saved Draft deleted