Chinese gold and silver panda.

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by elaine 1970, Feb 25, 2010.

1. krispy

krispy krispy

Is this an Air-Tite Holder? If so you could very carefully use a razor blade or x-acto type pen razor, insert the blade along the seam and apply slight pressure enough to wedge the capsule open enough that you can insert a fingernail, then work your way around the edge of the capsule until the two halves come apart. Use a razor with care of your fingers and the coin inside and do this over a soft surface in the event you drop the capsule/coin in the process.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

i mean the capsule can be open. but the coin stuck into the fit one half capsule. the coin won't come out.

4. krispy

krispy krispy

Again, over a soft surface, you may try to tap the back of the capsule to release the coin. Another idea, you can try to "shock" the coin and plastic, if you can place (carefully) into a very cold freezer in your kitchen, there may be just enough shrinkage to release the coin, or again as the coin is warming up after coming out of the freezer. Do not leave in the freezer for too long.

5. elaine 1970

i tried 10 coin. only three came out. i was trying to transfer them from their original capsule to a slab type plastic case.

6. krispy

krispy krispy

If these are bullion coins or coins of little value, perhaps you can try to crack the capsule, but you may inflict slight marks on the coin where the capsule shatters. I don't recommend this as much as the other ideas, maybe you can keep trying the first ideas mentioned above.

7. elaine 1970

why they made it so tie?.

8. krispy

krispy krispy

Well, it's a direct fit isn't it? LOL! Better to use the ring type for easy extraction and more protection if you need to open the capsule so frequently with a razor blade.

There is the remote possibility that the capsule does not match the size of the coin and it was either pressed into a small holder, or fit easily enough going in but is virtually unable to be removed. Very minor differences in mm size differ between silver rounds and standard sized holders.

9. elaine 1970

thanks dear. you like my picture and avatar?. i'll show you some others soon.

10. krispy

krispy krispy

Yes, she's cute. Can't wait to see your other images, hope to see some of your collection finally too!

11. elaine 1970

bye now. i am leaving from manila to toronto, canada this morning to attend my sister funeral. i will be off four to five days.

12. krispy

krispy krispy

I am sorry to hear about your loss. Take care and safe travels.

13. elaine 1970

what is the average buying price for chinese silver panda that a dealer can buy from us?.

14. cerdsalicious

cerdsalicious BigShot

Dealer to dealer is only .50 over spot.
    I pay below spot for them. No credibility to content.

15. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

Right. Considering every online dealer I've investigated has them at well over that, you have to be joking right, or trying to "steal" them from somebody? This post is worthless without a link to anybody selling them at $.50 over spot, to give you an out, how about a link to anybody selling them at $2 over spot.

16. FOCUSalmon

FOCUSalmon New Member

If you're speaking the truth, that's a pretty killer deal...

I on the other hand will be sticking to silver eagles where you can get amazing steals like this.

17. elaine 1970

apmex is buying at $4.00 over spot for chinese silver panda. and i still don't agree to sell any to them. cause the selling price is around $39.99 to $49.99 each for common silver panda. and apmex buying price will be spot silver $18.00 + $4.00 = $22.00. see the gap.

18. elaine 1970

2010 chinese silver panda were graded 25% at MS70 and 75% at MS69. most silver panda were traded at a high premium in china than in the u.s.a.

19. krispy

krispy krispy

But you don't buy graded coins and bullion right elaine?

20. elaine 1970

no i don't need to buy graded coins. cause most modern coins were already have a very high grade.

21. elaine 1970

Draft saved Draft deleted