Check Out This AGE Type II BS?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by fretboard, Jun 10, 2021.

1. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Allot of people get confused the buffalo being 24K and the eagle 22k both
    worth and sale for the same price so again its just your preference when it
    comes right down to it.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

why not just get st gaudens or liberty 50 then?

4. Gam3rBlake

Gam3rBlake Well-Known Member

Premium for a BU St. Gaudens is too high.

Oh and usually the ones with lower premiums are worn and thus do not contain their original gold content anymore. Probably 5-10% less than when they were minted.

They’re supposed to be 0.9675 troy oz but by the time they’re in XF condition and selling at a low premium I bet they’re closer to 0.90 troy oz. A full 1/10th oz less gold than an AGE or Buffalo at the same price? I’ll pass.

mpcusa likes this.
  5. mpcusa

That the problem with older coins :(

6. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

ok, then why not a maple?

7. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

My answer is I already have enough coins with the Queen! :D Plus, most Americans prefer US gold. Here's a Queenie here, one of my favorites! thumbsup.gif

thumbsup.gif $(KGrHqMOKpQE5U-snNn7BOc!T+qCng__60_3.jpg $(KGrHqMOKiME5d-BywOtBOc!UE3qJQ__60_3.jpg $(KGrHqIOKpcE5k7N7jBDBOc!T-tpv!__60_3.jpg

8. Gam3rBlake

Gam3rBlake Well-Known Member

Usually the 1 oz gold Australian Kangaroo coins are the cheapest gold bullion coins. They can be like $40-$50 cheaper than a Maple Leaf.

I trust the Perth Mint since they seem to make the heaviest bullion coins of all the countries I’ve tested.

9. mpcusa

True, however the Australian Kangaroo though a cool coin, it doesn't bring the
    big dollars just because of the popularity, and thats true with any coin, I myself
    go with the Kruger, it is the most popular Gold coin in the world so you will get
    more for it when you sale even all these coin we mentioned have 1OZ of gold
    some are just worth more then others.

fretboard likes this.
  10. Brian Calvert

Brian Calvert Active Member

You may be correct, and with a shortage of Silver, Gold may follow. We all seen the mint notice on shortages. If they dont get enough made before years end, who knows right ?

The 2008 burnished buffalo and other examples tell a story. Everything is relevant..

Draft saved Draft deleted