cash4gold.com threatens legal action againts blogging site

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by cesariojpn, Sep 2, 2009.

1. cesariojpn

cesariojpn Coin Hoarder

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

4. Ben44

Ben44 Junior Member

A suggestion...

I would strongly suggest checking out the Silver and Gold Exchange before selling gold or silver to ANYONE. I did a great deal of research, online and offline, and learned a lot about this business. I checked pawn shops, jewelers, "gold parties", hotel "buying events as well as the online buyers, including the "as seen on tv" guys. I found that the Silver and Gold Exchange paid more than anyone else I could find. I liked the fact that they post the prices they pay per gram (beware of the places that quote in pennyweight/DWT) on a live price chart at http://SilverAndGoldExchange.com I also checked out their Better Business Bureau report and found they have never had a single complaint as opposed to HUNDREDS of complaints some other companies have! I recommend them 100%

5. CrustyCoins

CrustyCoins Twilight Photographer

I have known or at least suspected this for years. I did do research and found that there are some very reputable companies that do indeed pay top dollar and will take anything from gold teeth to coins. Unfortunately I no longer have that list I worked up.

In my search I did come to realize that there is a significant cost in the melting and separation of metals. I think a reasonable rate is probably 60-80% of melt and not the 5-20% given by the companies in that article.

I can't beleive I read the whole article but I did and don't see anything really out of whack there.

6. cesariojpn

cesariojpn Coin Hoarder

If the article is right (and i'm sure it is, otherwise, why even post it?), C4G offers as little as 20% of spot price for items.

7. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

In the past...(in the 70's), I would take scrape silver to the local coin store an get a very reasonable offer.

Draft saved Draft deleted