Canadian Wildlife Series - What's next?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by dave92029, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Drago the Wolf

Drago the Wolf Junior Member

Do you know that Silver Foxes are actually a color variation of the "Red" Fox? Just like how Yellow Labradors, Chocolate and Black Labs are all the same dog, Red, Siver, Cross, Pearl, Marble, Burgundy, and a few other color variations are ALL Red Foxes. :D

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. InfleXion

InfleXion Wealth Preserver

Well it looks like these came and went on Provident Metals, sold out before I even got a chance to try to get one! I don't see any on APMEX yet. Does anybody know anywhere else that has the cougars?

4. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

I don't think they have even been released yet, as noone is selling them on ebay and someone would surely be doing that trying to make a quick buck. Given the fact the cougar is the ugliest design of the group so far, I don't think you will have to work very hard to get 1 of these once they become available.

5. Copper Head

Copper Head Active Member

6. InfleXion

InfleXion Wealth Preserver

Cool site, I hadn't seen this before. A little overpriced, but they have a lot of coins you can't find anywhere else.

I was hoping to find some cougars as I already have as many timberwolf and grizzly coins as I want. Provident Metals had them listed as "Coming Soon", but yesterday it changed to "Out of Stock", and now today it says "Coming Soon" again so maybe it was just a fluke. I figured APMEX should have them when available so I'm still keeping my eyes peeled.

7. drwost

drwost New Member

Species Spotlight: Eastern cougar
    [TABLE="class: border, align: right"]

Spam Control Text: Please leave this field empty

[/TABLE]
    Vital Signs
    Common name: Eastern cougar
    Latin name: Puma concolor couguar
    Status under SARA: Data Deficient under Canada’s Species at Risk Act. In 1978, the eastern subspecies was declared “endangered” by the Committee on the Status of Endangered Wildlife in Canada. The status was re-examined in 1998, and the animal was designated “data deficient” because there was not enough data to evaluate the status of the animal or its classification as a subspecies. The species has been declared extinct in the United States.
    Range: Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia
    Life Span: Unknown, but possibly up to 21 years
    Size: Male cougars reach two metres in length and weigh over 100kg. Females are slightly smaller.
    Population Estimate: Unknown

8. Iconic Silver

Iconic Silver New Member

Where to buy?

BUY AT Westministermint.com. They had the best prices on the first 2 in raw,roll, and ANACS graded!! By the way, the third coin is COUGAR! I think they go on sale around the 15th of September. No clue on the price yet!

9. Iconic Silver

Iconic Silver New Member

Hey Drago,
    As I said before,RCM won't announce any of the 6 ahead of time! So other Than the Timber Wolf, Grizzly Bear, and Cougar your guess is as good as any on the Fox. I'm betting on #4-Either the Moose or Elk, #5- Canadian Goose, #6 -Beaver. SORRY I love Foxes too BUT I think this will be the BIG 6!!

10. dagrar

dagrar Junior Member

"I think Sasquatch might be a good choice. I would buy it."

So would I!

11. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

For some reason, I think the remaining Canadian coins of this series will not have the goose, beaver, etc. The first three are basically endangered or vanishing species in Canada, as well as ones that resonate with collectors (liking the animal), so I think the remainder will follow the same. They also are somewhat large animals and all mammals. I think this series will remain true to the first 3. Maybe polar bear, lynx, and fox to complete.

Draft saved Draft deleted