Canadian Wildlife Series - What's next?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by dave92029, Jun 8, 2011.

1. gboulton

gboulton 7070 56.98 pct complete

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, that is GORGEOUS. Can't WAIT to add some of those to my stash.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lucyray

lucyray Ariel -n- Tango

Cool Cat! (Funny Face..)

4. InfleXion

InfleXion Wealth Preserver

I love the fact that it's a cougar more than the design itself, but definitely want one.

5. GoldenFire

GoldenFire Coin Hoarder

Awesome! I really like the designs of this series, but I have yet to get even one coin! :eek:

6. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

That cougar looks like he/she has been "juicing" with its huge body and smaller head. It appears as though we have entered the growling animal phase of the series with both the bear and cougar. If that trend is going to continue, we should be able to eliminate some guesses in the future, e. g. animals that don't growl.
    I still like the timber wolf as the best design so far.

7. gboulton

gboulton 7070 56.98 pct complete

Man...

Cougars...juicing...growling...

Are we still talking about coins here???

8. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

Word is they're going with the cougar next and then the furry beaver.

I think I'll leave this alone...

9. Drago the Wolf

Drago the Wolf Junior Member

As I asked before, what about the RED FOX? :devil: :devil:

10. rush2112

rush2112 Junior Member

Yes they did put beavers on Nickles and they also put the Beaver on canning jars at the turn of the century. If you have one it's worth $40-$60 bucks. And if the Beaver is facing left on the jar it's extremely valueable.

11. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

[​IMG]

At first I thought it was a really ticked-off squirrel...but it's actually a really nice coin! :thumb:

12. Drago the Wolf

Drago the Wolf Junior Member

Okay, I asked this before, but since I never got an answer, I will ask one more time. Does anyone know if there will be a "Red Fox" coin? Answers please. :hail:

13. History_Chick

History_Chick Member

I agree with the face looking weird. In fact the first thing I noticed was the weird head. I thought hmm, not cool.

In other news I am drooling over the RCMP coin. I love the RCMP. I'd love one but there is no way I can afford it :(

14. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

When does "cougar" season open? Can wait to get one.

15. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

you and me both! That gold coin with the RCMP is fab!

16. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

I have no Idea, but it would be nice. Red (and Silver) foxes are really cool animals.

17. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

That cougar does really look ripped. It's strange. Front-facing images on coins always look weird though. They should have gone with a cougar profile image.
    Also, if i remember correctly, and somebody feel free to correct me, but I don't think cougars ever lived in Canada. I thought they were indigenous to the southern states and further south.

18. InfleXion

InfleXion Wealth Preserver

They aren't announcing what the upcoming coins will be. I would like to see a Red Fox as well, but since they've already done the Timberwolf I wouldn't hold my breath on it. We'll have to wait another 6 months or so to find out what the next one is.

Provident Metals already has a listing saying "Coming soon." with the picture. Priced at $3.50 over spot. I will be keeping my eye on this one!

I don't mind the front facing idea, but yeah they could have done it more proportionally. Cougars are all over the Americas. One of my Canadian Wildlife coins from their bicentennial set is a cougar as well.

19. Bill in Burl

Bill in Burl Collector

Try Gatewest Coin or J&M Coin, both in Canada. They are the largest vendors for RCM product. Both always run ads in Canadian Coin News and both have a website.

20. sodude

sodude Well-Known Member

When I think of Canada I don't really think of cougars. I was hoping for a Canada Goose or a Beaver.

21. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

I think a growling cougar on steroids is an interesting idea; however, I think a growling beaver on steroids would be even more appealing. From what I've read, the coins are to be delivered at the end of September.

Draft saved Draft deleted