Canadian BU birds of prey

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Markus1959, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

000_5693.jpg Got my Canadian birds of prey series coins from Aydin Coin today, "BU-tiffle!"

Out of the package, wrapped up into the paperwork and a very tight bubble envelope.
    Then put into black ring airtites - almost look like reverse proofs, very happy.
    000_5699.jpg
    I'm surprised at the strikes, Your thoughts?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

They look nice

Markus1959 and eddio like this.
  4. eddio

eddio Well-Known Member

awesome eh

Markus1959 likes this.
  5. Markus1959

Thanks - like I said, I was surprised at the quality of the strikes they sent me!

6. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

My Red Tail Hawk is on it's way to me and just got the Nieu Year of the Goat. If I might make a suggestion to you...I got one of the Burundi African Lion 1 ounce silvers, they are really nice and they only made 500 of them. I'm hoping for some appreciation on them and am going to order a couple more. Should be a good buy with that mintage.

Markus1959 likes this.
  7. Markus1959

Thanks for the info - actually never heard of them!

8. Markus1959

Who do you order them from? Let me know! Thanks!

9. ROLLJUNKIE

ROLLJUNKIE Active Member

Where did you see a mintage of 500? I am seeing a maximum of 50,000 but I don't show how many were actually struck.

10. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I'm getting mine from MCM and in their ads they are stating 500 mintage, unless there is more than 1 variety. I'm getting the silver one but there may be a gold gilted also, not sure. On ebay, at their site, type in Burundi in the search box.

11. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

MCM on Ebay. Quickest way to find when you get to their site is to type in Burundi in their search box.

Markus1959 likes this.
  12. OldGoldGuy

OldGoldGuy Members Only Jacket

Sounds like a marketing ploy. I found it on eBay. The MCM listing says there are only 500 also. BUT THEY HAVE SOLD 741 SO FAR, JUST THIS ONE EBAY SELLER!!!! Epic fail.

13. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I see what you are seeing on 3 different news sources online. I have written MCM for clarification on this. I am guessing the mintage is across all varieties of this as there is, in fact, a gold gilted and matte issue of the same. I will keep you posted. If what I suspect is true, then these will still be a good issue at 500 of each issue if there are more variations of the same coin. I still could not go wrong at $23.00 even if the issue is 50,000.

14. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

You may be right but Mr. Maben is an honest guy so I will give him the benefit of the doubt until he clarifies. If their ads are in error I'm sure an apology will be forthcoming, ads corrected, etc. Time will tell. They are a huge seller and I'm sure typo's can happen.

15. OldGoldGuy

OldGoldGuy Members Only Jacket

Whoa. How did Maben's name and his character come into play? Never said anything about him. I am just pointing out the hilarity of how their title says LIMITED and 500, some action words, and then the # of items sold is +50% of what was claimed minted.

16. bsowa1029

bsowa1029 Franklin Half Addict

Appear to be Chinese fakes:eek::eek::eek:

17. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I know you didn't mention his name, I did. I did get a message back stating that their is a 50,000 maximum mintage on this and they currently can make available 30,000. I only mentioned his name in stating the company's honesty, nothing was implied about you. Sorry if you misunderstood what I was doing here.

18. Markus1959

19. Markus1959

tommyc03 likes this.
  20. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I got a note back from MCM and you are right Mark. They said 50,000 maximum and they have 30,000 on hand and will order more if the need arises. However they did not clear up the fact that the regular bullion being listed as 500. I don't know if that will change on their listings as a result of my note to them or not. Thanks for the update. I did go to 3 separate news reports online that said the same.

Draft saved Draft deleted