Can of worms - to invest in silver or not

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by jacksbike, Jun 27, 2020.

1. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Rono

Rono Senior Member

4. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

$32. LMAO. ROFLMAO

Tell your great great great great great great great great great great great great grandkids I said good luck.

5. chungt

chungt Member

Huh?

6. WoodyWW

WoodyWW Junior Member

$19 for......ASE's? Junk silver? Or? Just curious.

7. chungt

chungt Member

The local dealer in my area is charging me +3 for ase and +1 for everything else. I dont know about junk silver. You have to consider that many of them buy 1-2 behind spot so they are making more than you think. dealers have different way of sourcing but they buy a lot from the general public.

8. Rick B

Rick B Well-Known Member

Everyone has their opinion so you'll have to make up your own. I think it is good to own some gold and silver. 5-10% of ones portfolio maybe. But it is a matter of WHEN to buy. Silver is too far above spot price right now for me. I bought years ago thankfully, at $400 for gold and $9 for silver :) I will buy more on a pull back, but will not at these current prices. Considering how much paper money this stupid government is printing, I can't imagine precious metals not going up over the coming years, but I'm still going to wait for a pull back.

9. harley bissell

harley bissell Well-Known Member

There are some unfortunate "investors" who bought silver at $58 per ounce during the Hunt Silver run. They will likely take that silver to the grave hoping to break even. Current silver prices are higher than they have been for awhile. Your only investing question then is "Will silver prices go up from where they are now in the period that I intend to hold them?" Only you can answer that question. If it will make you feel better to lose money based on someone else's advice then do it that way. If you prefer to do your own research and then make your decision that's another play. Good luck either way.

10. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Not a good time for a quick decision silver like 9 ball said is speculation and right now its on the bad side. My numismatist tells me to hold our stock and he will advise when to consider the better side of speculation... Good luck

11. Chris Winkler

Chris Winkler Well-Known Member

Why would he regret his decision? I would be a happy mofo...

12. J.T. Parker

J.T. Parker Well-Known Member

2 Experiences I've had with Silver.
    20 years ago, Driving back from helping a machinist friend de-burr parts for 5¢ a part, I stopped at a local pawnshop. He had 20 1986 ASE's & was selling them for
    $9.99 each. I only had enough in my wallet to buy 1 at the time although I carried a Mastercard™ in my billfold. Putting 2+2 together later that evening I returned the next day ready to pull the trigger...POOF! Like magic the 19 were gone. (Ya SnuZZ, ya LOOSE)
    10 years later I was in another part of Houston checking out Garage Sales. Came upon an elderly couple selling various items out of their garage and mentioning I collected coins during our conversation. The older gentleman disappeared into his house and brought out 2 - 100 ounce Englehard bars. He said he had purchased these when silver had hit $50 an ounce!
    Poor old boy must not have heard: Buy low, sell High
    OUCH,
    J.T.

13. usmc 6123

usmc 6123 Active Member

When did you get so smart ? i was going to post but you said it all . thanks

14. usmc 6123

usmc 6123 Active Member

Buying gold or silver is a hedge bet not a way to get rich, It's a way to diversify. Do you have all your ducks in a row like health insurance. 6 month of cash are your cc balance 0.To some people $4000 is a good bottle of wine. I say get your beak wet take two weeks trying to find the cheapest one oz of gold and buy it then get one oz next month now you are one of us your in the game and you get to feel the gold in your hand. It's always a long game. Do this and if it goes down you can blame me.

15. TonkawaBill

TonkawaBill Well-Known Member

If you can not afford to lose what's in stocks/bonds, you have no business there

Jeffjay likes this.
  16. TonkawaBill

TonkawaBill Well-Known Member

Perhaps am blind in one eye and can't see out the other.. Might you share what it is that made you feel the need for the warning ???

17. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

No, as it was not in your post. Jim

But it apply to the rules of the forum ( >Forums>rules )

Kentucky likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted