Can copper go down while silver goes up?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Revi, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

Hard to tell what will happen, but I have a hankering to buy more maple leafs at $20 each. Payday is Friday, so I may get another 5 or so...

4. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

5. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

6. Tinpot

Tinpot Well-Known Member

Silver will follow gold

7. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Well, seeing that copper's down ~5% today, while silver's up over 1.5% and gold's getting close to +3%...

8. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Silver and gold usually follow each other around and copper can also, but you won't know the difference if your plumber comes in to replace some pipes in your house. I don't follow the markets too closely but each commodity has it's own quirks according to supply and demand. The Russians and Chinese both just made a huge purchase of gold to try and stabilize their economies but it failed to cause anything but a hic up in the total markets for both. On the other hand, if other commodities like corn and wheat were having a bad production year it would rise or fall with no direct impact on gold and silver. The only good thing about copper right now is that it's once again causing less to produce a copper plated cent here and less for the copper cores of our cupro nickel coins.

Draft saved Draft deleted