Buying from there store or there listings on e-bay which is better for you ?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by mpcusa, Jul 8, 2017.

1. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

I brought this thread up to compare my experiences with my fellow coin talk
    brothers, as with most PM dealers in addition to there online stores most have
    allot of there product listed on ebay as well, so is there any difference ?

I would say in two very important areas, first they never charge for shipping
    Most like APMEX and many others only offer free shipping for orders over $100
    So if you only buy a couple of coins from there online stores you will pay that
    shipping charge :(

Next the processing time seems to be a day or two quicker, with ebay purchases
    at APMEX i get my product in a maximum two to three day period, if i buy from
    There store front there is a little bit of a lag.

Has anybody noticed a similar pattern ?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

If I buy from APMEX on e-bay, I pay with PayPal but if I buy from their store, I mail them a check so it takes awhile.

sakata and Santinidollar like this.
  4. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Biggest advantage to eBay is that you can use PayPal without the usual credit card surcharge.

sakata and Kentucky like this.
  5. brandon spiegel

brandon spiegel Brandon Spiegel

you get free shipping on all orders from JM bullion =)

6. mpcusa

I really wish i could use JM ,unfortunately where i live here in Nevada they have
    Tax issues :( bought a Krugerrand last month of ebay from them and they sent
    Me a letter saying there having tax issues and could not send me the item ended
    Up paying another $80 Bucks fro the same thing from APMEX :(

7. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

Often these big bullion dealers run specials on EBAY that are better than on their own sites. I don't care for sending checks, PayPal/credit cards is much easier and the extra protection is nice.

8. brandon spiegel

brandon spiegel Brandon Spiegel

I am sorry to hear that that happened, hopefully it will change.

9. mpcusa

I really hope they get this taking care of soon because they do offer some great deals and because i live here in Nevada currently i cant get them :(

Draft saved Draft deleted