Buying fractional gold in bulk?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by FryDaddyJr, May 9, 2020.

1. harley bissell

harley bissell Well-Known Member

t
    In barter it is difficult to get change if what you want does not max out your gold credit. Smaller coins facilitate barter. Those who expect massive inflation to make them rich off gold have to deal with a major law of diminishing returns. The higher the price of any item the fewer the number of people who can purchase it. Many people assume that they know what will happen in hard times but few research what actually did happen in the past. They content themselves with listening to what others have to say about it. For your own safety do your own fact based research and don't solely depend on the opinions given on public forums.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

@kcg777 Welcome to Coin Talk. If it gets so bad in the USA that we'll need gold (or any PM) to buy things I hope I'm not around. lol :)

4. xCoin-Hoarder'92x

xCoin-Hoarder'92x Storm Tracker

More buyers are able to get smaller coins. An ounce of gold to most people is really spendy and out of their budget, whereas you can easily set aside funds for 1/10th ounce of gold here and there. So I get why demand is higher for smaller.

5. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

I usually buy one 1/10th Ounce gold coin a year from the Mint. This year, I bought one and it cost $240, which is a jump from last year's price. I think it was around $180. Whatever it was, and whatever it is today, I will not be buying another one. I do try to buy commemorative gold coins, if they are like the Apollo 11 gold coin. It is a beaut! I also bought the 3 2016 Gold Dime, the Gold Standing Liberty, and the Gold Walking Liberty. Anyway, I really like the 1/10th gold coin, and to back-track a bit, it will depend on how I feel at the time it is available. Last question, is it worth it to buy the gold set. The dealers that call me, and call me, and call me, say that the set is a good investment????

6. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Depends on the three P's, price, price and price! :D

7. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

Are there any B&M's left?

8. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Lots...Google is your friend. Where do you live?

Draft saved Draft deleted