Buying ASE and AGE - Mint or dealer?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by jeff_75, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

I think they can be a good silver investment if purchased at a price as close to bullion value as possible. It all depends on the future price action of silver bullion. I have a number of ASEs purchased between $5 and $8 and I'm fairly sure they could be liquidated for more. Not as good as Google stock, but not a complete bust either.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. alwayslost

alwayslost New Member

Actually the 1994W is not that rare but a lot of people want them, a perfect example of the economics law of supply and demand.

4. Exiled

Exiled New Member

Barter, Not Investment

Actually I buy the Gold Maple Leafs (at the lowest cost) so I'll have something to barter with the Coyote's to smuggle me into Canada when the time comes. :)

5. andrew289

andrew289 Senior Analyst

The best way to invest in ASEs is to buy 2 rolls in January of each year; put them away and forget about it.

6. Fool 4 Gold

Fool 4 Gold olfogdslo

Well that would be up to you.
    What you must consider is that the ASE and AGE program has been around for 21 to 22 years now, so there are quite a few bullion coins that now have numismatic appeal to them. As for the gold, it is my opinion that the 1/2 and 1/4 ounce fractionals are the most note worthy of them all. A collection of 1/2 ounce coins from 1986 to present would be very nice to have, if you can afford it!
    The keys are the 1/2 oz 1989, 1990 and 1991 and these three coins alone will cost you close to 2.5K. Then you have the 1/4 oz and then the 1/10th oz with the 1988 being the key. If you consider the 2006 "W" burnished die from last year into the set's then it will be the ultimate key in the future in the three fractional denominations.
    I am also of the opinion that American Eagle Gold coins will be a numismatic
    collage for future collector's as time warrant's their rise to fame.

DO not forget the 2 (two) 1999 "W" error AGE in uncirc 1/10th and 1/4 oz fractionals. This truly was the first time a Uncirculated AGE bore the "W" mint mark due to the unpolished proof die's beinhg used by mistake. These are valuable coins and I would buy them first before any others if it were me.
    Good luck and good hunting.....

Fool 4 Gold

7. CaspersCoins

CaspersCoins Junior Member

I have been selling ASE at bid ever since they came out and very few people have bought them for a silver investment. Best bet is to buy straight bullion for the silver investment, try not to pay more than .50 over spot, figure in all the fees that go with it shipping insurance etc... best to buy from your corner coin store.

as every one else said dont buy NGC/PGCS cert ASE you will never get your money out of them. If silver goes up and its worth it to break them out and melt them as im about to do, youve could of made 20.00 dollars more if you had not bought them slabbed.

Draft saved Draft deleted