Buy the dip or wait?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Gam3rBlake, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Gam3rBlake

Gam3rBlake Well-Known Member

But what about gold?

Isn’t that a lot less common to find with copper ore?

I know electrum is gold/silver but I don’t know if there is much gold produced from copper mining.

David Betts likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

the whole idea is keeping everything in perspective, if you want to buy some PMS
    Platinum still has growth potential :)

Gam3rBlake likes this.
  4. David Betts

David Betts Elle Mae Clampett cruising with Dad

Gam3r Blake just had a real thought? This 1917 MS66 McKinley with 1.7grams of gold was scored for $385 just saw in March Coin Mag $4000. That's a return that tells me high graded coins will always prevail. 1917 McK.JPG

Gam3rBlake and fretboard like this.
  5. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Just one year ago it was below $15/oz.

slackaction1 likes this.
  6. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

it depends really on what your goals are ?

David Betts likes this.
  7. David Betts

returns vs. 1% Treasury

8. Mkm5

Mkm5 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I stacked heavy at $14 last March.

9. coinaline

coinaline Active Member

When I was looking for some Australian Silver Dragon coins last night, every place had sold out at $31 each. I went to Ebay and the going rate for the same silver coins was consistently $50 plus even with auctions ending 4 days from now.

I think as high as the premiums might be it is not reflecting actual market demand from the super annoying silver squeezers. They have distorted the market.

I visited their online chats and see people flaunting their $200,000 stacks of silver bars (yes, could be fake, but it's consistently large amounts taken by phone cameras...strange). Why would anyone have that much silver, and not convert to gold? It's not organic demand. I know they think it will take off and they are going to "break the banks", but the government would intervene before they let the banks fail. I think they've also moved into gold when silver sold out.

I think it's unlikely these people will sell at a loss. There are thousands of these people worldwide who seem to mostly deal in crypto and now have lots of spending money to throw around on coins.

slackaction1 and GoldFinger1969 like this.
  10. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

True, the market on PM's across the board has gone to hell in a hand basket and this BS has been going on since March of 2020! Use to be I could buy ASE's for $2 or $3 over spot at my LCS, not anymore and my real fear is that these high as hell premiums are here to stay! :arghh: There's not a damn thing us little guys can do about it except, don't buy bullion with high premiums anymore!! tmoney - Copy.gif

coinaline likes this.
  11. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Premiums are very high but we are in a market correction.

12. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

Now that's a coin I'd love to have. I grew up only a few blocks from his tomb.

David Betts likes this.
  13. Gam3rBlake

Why is it so expensive? 1917 doesn’t seem that old. Nor is it very much gold.

Did it have a 20,000 mintage or something like that?

14. David Betts

5000 but MS66 only 12-13

15. Gam3rBlake

Ah that explains it. xD

Thanks!

David Betts likes this.
  16. David Betts

somebody in an earlier post showed a 1 lb 3 1/2'' silver Morgan 1895 S that I thought would be a cool drool coin paid $500

17. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Must be the longest market correction in PM history and that's fine I'll accept it cause I'm not buying! I'll stick to focusing on low mintage and scarce gold, leave the bullion for the collectors with deep pockets and money to learn lessons with! :D

slackaction1 and Collecting Nut like this.
  18. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I have enough pm's to suit me so I feel the same way but I'll also include silver low mintage coins as well.:)

19. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

Whether stocks or bonds or PMs....it's ALWAYS best to buy SOME when it's cheaper than you've bought before.

If it goes lower and you have more powder, buy more lower.

If it goes back higher and never hits new lows, then you at least got some at a lower price.

20. GoldFinger1969

Gold Commentary:

Attached Files:

21. GoldFinger1969

Not necessarily.

It is often the case that premiums are HIGH when the underlying PM is LOW.

Better to buy coins cheap with a 20% premium than at 3x the level with a 5% premium.

Draft saved Draft deleted