Buy silver or gold with $5000?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Silvertip1958, Nov 29, 2011.

1. SteveM1320

SteveM1320 New Member

I've found that if you get a high quality eraser from an art store, you can pretty easily "erase" the milk spots. I've also heard cloudy ammonia works as a bath..
    I also agree about staying away from silver maples for this reason

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

:eek: Why not sandpaper?

4. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

I saw some complete sets of Mercury dimes and Washington quarters for sale recently that went for less than $1000 each. I would buy one of each of those, 2 or 3 $5 gold Indians, and Morgans with whatever I had left. Not so much as an investment, but to have the coins.

5. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

:thumb:Gold here one that in 10yr will be worth a lot more than now.small PR&MS mintage less than 100k for both PR&MS

www.ebay.com/itm/150649342336

6. Silvertip1958

Silvertip1958 Member

adding to a collection is great idea, but wanted to get some cash converted to PM's, that I wouldn't mind selling. I talk about selling my coins, but I never do. Can't seem to let them go.

7. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

How do you know? If you're going to be that paranoid why wouldn't you just buy years and years worth of food?

8. gecko

gecko Coin Collector/Hoarder

Gather a set or two of Walkers! I'm selling my old collectibles on eBay and I plan to upgrade my coin collection with the money.

9. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

Find a friend to split a Monster Box with.

10. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

not a bad idea at all

11. Guano

Guano New Member

The smaller the size the better...If you want to buy something that only cost 1/4 ounce and all you have is one ounce rounds how are you going to make change...?.....Same reason 100 ounce bars are a bad idea.

12. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

Guano I think this is the first time I have agreed with you.

13. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

just buy silver shot and weigh it then if you think things are really going be that dire. ridiculous.

14. Guano

Guano New Member

More like two friends, I bought my first MB for under 4k, now I can't afford them anymore.

15. Guano

Guano New Member

Because silver shot has no purity marks and everyone knows what 90% junk is.

16. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

seems like you'd be better off with food as bullion at that point.

17. Guano

Guano New Member

Plus there's no chance silver shot will ever go up in numismatic value

18. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

you think junk mercuries are gonna go up in value?

19. Guano

Guano New Member

Guns, bullets, water well, seeds, cattle, goats, chickens, land and on and on. Bullion will be great for larger purchases.

20. Guano

Guano New Member

Better chance than roosevelt dimes, your avg kid has never seen a winged liberty dime.

21. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Junior Member

no offense but I don't see myself selling bullets. why not get some pallets of sardines, canned veg's, soup. if you're that worried.

Draft saved Draft deleted