Buy 2010 America the Beautiful 5 Ounce Silver 5 Piece Set at Close-to-Spot Price?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by WebNomad, Mar 26, 2011.

1. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Today, my package is coming from APMEX. Excitement builds. Mail carrier shows, gets my signature and leaves the package. Only 1/2 of the order. The half that DOESN"T contain the ATB's. What a let down. I now have no idea when the ATB's are coming.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. claygump

claygump New Member

4. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

5. bigjohn56

bigjohn56 Member

They show 620 at APMEX now. They are selling them at the rate of around one per minute.

6. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I just got back from the Chicago International Coin Fair and low and behold, there is my email alert from AMPEX received today at 10:30am. I already had ordered and received my confirmation on Friday. Don't know what their computer is doing but it is a whole day behind reality. While at the coin show, I saw two bullion dealers that had the ATB's. One was quoting $1400 the other $1450. I asked if they were buying these as well and the both said no. One dealer said he had access to two other complete sets. As picky as as was about my set from MTB, that set looks better than the two they had out.

7. 9guns

9guns Junior Member

i also went to a huge show , over 1000 tables and did not see a single ATB. i took the only set i had with me, i found buyers but the highest offer i got was $1100.

8. bigjohn56

bigjohn56 Member

$1100 isn't too bad considering that there may be some overhang of supply until people who bought multiple sets flip the ones they don't want.

Did you find anything interesting in gold or silver at the show?

9. 9guns

9guns Junior Member

eagles were $46
    generic was $44
    and morgan/peace were $35-$37

i didnt buy anything but did convert a 100 oz engelhard bar, i ended up finding a dealer that swapped me 97 A-Mark rounds. i also grabbed a bunch of pcgs sample pennies, they are selling them for 7-$8 on ebay.

10. Rope

Rope New Member

Looks OK, but due I want to spend that much on bullion? That would buy some real nice collector coins, at least thats my take.....

11. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I picked up a 1oz 1986 Proof Libertad for $45 and a 1896 8 Reales Libertad in AU+ for $58. My specific find was a 1856 Half Penny from Nova Scotia which is the little sister to my One Penny of the same year and Province. I have an excellent match in the grades as well.

12. bigjohn56

bigjohn56 Member

97 Amark rounds for a 100oz. Engelhard seems reasonable. Why did you make the trade?

13. bigjohn56

bigjohn56 Member

Sam, sounds like you did well. I'd like to see a picture of the proof Libertad.

APMEX site says that they are down to 398 sets this morning. They will likely be gone by the end of the day.

14. 9guns

9guns Junior Member

i feel i have too many 100 oz bars, if silver goes up to $100 then its gonna be 10K to unload and may be a little harder to find on a private buyer. im into the bars at around $16/oz so the 3 ounces i gave up for the conversion only costed me $45.

15. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

bigjohn;
    I haven't put it into inventory yet which includes taking it's picture. I don't want to go too far off subject on this thread either. I'll see if I can find an appropriate thread and post there. It will be more like Tuesday before I can do this. I have some family business to take care of today and Monday. Thanks for the interest. There is a thread on -your latest foreign coin purchase- where I'll eventually post my half penny.

16. blitzen

blitzen Member

I guess I won't get one. I've been trying all weekend:(

17. Taylor101

Taylor101 New Member

I got the america the beautiful set for chrismas!(2010)

18. JJK78

JJK78 Member

Well I took one of my ATB sets to the show today, i had 4 in hand so i took the worst condition ones. Ended up trading it along with $400 for a 2010 1 Kilo Australian "Year of the Tiger" $30 coin. I must say it is pretty awesome:) Was gonna post pics but the damn camera is full so i'll have to clear some stuff up first. I dig it:)

19. Taylor101

Taylor101 New Member

20. mach330

mach330 Junior Member

Where do you see if they have any left? (APMEX)

21. SilverCeder

SilverCeder Active Member

Go to their website, type in "atb" in search area.

Draft saved Draft deleted