Business Tokens?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by YoloBagels, May 26, 2020.

1. YoloBagels

YoloBagels Well-Known Member

Hello everyone!

Does anyone here have their own business tokens/personal tokens? I am planning on having dies made to have my own "hard times" good for one cent tokens just as a novelty. These will be struck on cent planchets as well as in .999 silver.

I got a couple from David Khan at the FUN show, and they are pretty cool. My design would include a capped bust dime portrait.

Would like to see some of your business tokens if you have any, for fun or maybe just for inspiration.

capthank and Chris B like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

Hope you plan on selling some. If you do, please post them here.

YoloBagels likes this.
  4. YoloBagels

YoloBagels Well-Known Member

Might be a while before I am able to but I definitely will post them here!

5. Badger Mint

Badger Mint Active Member

I have made some for people and now that I have my new (to me) coin press up and running, I will be making more.

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Another CT member sent me these from his business.
    IMG_3774.JPG
    I also have a few more from other members but no photos of them. Wooden Nickels were used for all of them.

Randy Abercrombie and capthank like this.
  7. louis a bencze

louis a bencze Active Member

here's a token my old boss had made for his coinshop. 20200527_125627[4417].jpg

8. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I didn’t strike any pieces (though I think that would be cool), I did have a coupe thousand wooden nickels made many years ago that look suspiciously like those in a previous post;)..... I thought it was a great novelty. My sales guys thought they were lame and I never got the traction from them that I had hoped for. It wasn’t a big expense..... I only say this because I suspect that striking a marketing piece would be costly. I would hate to see you sink a lot of expense into something that didn’t give you some reward in return...... It beats the year I bought baseball caps though. A TV news guy interviewed somebody in an unemployment line. The fellow being interviewed was wearing my ballcap!

Collecting Nut likes this.
  9. ddddd

ddddd Member

I made some of these and it was fairly inexpensive.

IMG_5735.JPG IMG_5736.JPG

Randy Abercrombie and coin_nut like this.
  10. Cachecoins

Cachecoins Historia Moneta

coin_nut and ddddd like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted