Bona Fide Hard Times Token

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Cachecoins, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Cachecoins

Cachecoins Historia Moneta

hardtimes.jpg

I figured the times today are far harder then they were when I made these coins so I figured I would post about this coin I made.

Some time ago when the US was going through another run of hard times I was in the midst of trying to figure out the best way to go about minting my own coins. I am very passionate about history and even more so the art of the coin, so much so that I wasn't happy just collecting and studying money, I wanted to learn how to make a coin.

It took quite some time and some help from some nice people along the way but after many aborted attempts I finally produced my first coin that I was happy enough with to show. This is not my first coin, but it is the one that is most applicable to the situation the US and the world is in today.

This is my Hard Times Token. To date I have minted about 500 and I leave them around here and there in the hopes someone will find one and appreciate the novelty. I have an affinity for fractions on coins so I made it a half cent denomination. I figure if anyone wanted to cash in I could easily cover it. :) I have minted these in pewter, copper, brass and a few in silver...I know they aren't perfect, and I doubt any coin I make will be, but I am happy just knowing I contributed to numismatic history.

Salus populi suprema lex esto The health, welfare of the people should be the supreme law", "Let the good of the people be the supreme (or highest) law" - Cicero

With that said I hope everyone is coping with these tough times and makes it through relatively unscathed.

FB_IMG_1585182468643.jpg

FB_IMG_1585182484450.jpg

FB_IMG_1585182528250.jpg

FB_IMG_1585182345054.jpg

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    YoloBagels, ddddd, raingoat and 6 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rascal

rascal Well-Known Member

Pretty darn good job and like you said we sure are going into hard times.

Cachecoins and Deacon Ray like this.
  4. Cachecoins

Cachecoins Historia Moneta

Thanks for the kind words and yes, I do believe these days and the days ahead are going to test our mettle.

svessien and rascal like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted