Bullion vs. Savings

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by JayF, Jan 20, 2018.

1. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

Savings, money market, CDs, etc. are safe but offer the lowest of returns - the S&P 500 is a basket of shares in the top companies in the USA - all major mutual fund companies offer S&P 500 index funds with a tiny annual maintenance fee - pick a fund, buy shares monthly, re-invest distributions, get rich slowly - 7% return (long term) guaranteed :cigar:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

The last time I checked 0.7% would be closer to what banks pay these days. I remember when I opened up my first savings account as a teenager the bank paid 5%. Of course going to the bank in those days wore out my horse:-(

4. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

Unfortunately for me, I have a couple CDs that are paying 1.9% through to the end of this year. My credit union raised the rate thru the end of the month to 2.27% so I can only hope that when my two not-so-small CDs mature in 11 months, that 2.27% being offered now will be piddling.

5. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Invest in Corn Nuts

Jscraton likes this.
  6. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

When we moved from Northern CA to Southern CA, I remember I had a CD at 14% interest.

7. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Yeah, moving to different countries sometimes makes a big difference. :D

Kentucky likes this.
  8. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

My use of $20 was for illustrative purposes of what the Silver Eagles would be worth as a minimum, based solely on the spot price of silver and the average premium on Eagles.

As for finding them at $20 now, that is no problem for current years.

Draft saved Draft deleted