Bullion Investing: Concerning the Industry

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by stainless, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

Check out AMPEX web sight! All gold eagles up to the half ounce size are sold out! The 1 ounce Pamps are listed as sold out. and their silver eagles are now priced the same random dates are now the same price as the 2009s!. I wonder whats going on?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Argento

Argento Perplexed

That's a bit naive, no? If you're waiting on China to be transparent and forthcoming with strong, hostile economic moves such as this, you'll be waiting for a long time.

Crack journalism is the only way to determine what the Chinese are up to as the official word is deception at best. Much the same way the US denied the long-standing intentions to invade Iraq in the months up leading up to invasion.

4. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

I think it's far more naive to believe everything you read without requiring the author to source his/her rumor. Otherwise you're just chasing your own tail.

5. Argento

Argento Perplexed

Oh, you mean the way these guys sourced their information?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Throat

The best journalism is often secret and the author simply can't source his information for obvious reasons. When reliable sources can't be named, you have to fall back on the credibility of the publisher. The Independent is both credible and reputable.

To ignore such reporting is as fool-hardy as believing everything you read.

6. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

The sky is falling, the sky is falling:yawn:

7. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

I guess it will be for those with only cash

8. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

Then we will have to agree to disagree. I don't mind listening to someone's opinion, as long as they state or imply that it is only opinion. But when a publication fails to distinguish between fact and opinion, I don't care how good their pedigree is supposed to be. I'll wait for better information. This is the way I've always approached this sort of thing, and skepticism has served me well. Many people in journalism today are apparently badly educated in the nuts and bolts of their profession, and publish things that would never have seen the light of day a couple of decades ago. I see nothing fool-hardy in demanding support for assertions because you don't know who these folks really work for or what their agenda might be.

9. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

It was interesting to watch the CNBC'ers trying to fathom why gold is moving up. They were saying that to even think of gold as a currency was like going back to the dark ages. What do they think gold has been doing for much of the past 8 years while it reacts inversely to gold? And finally, David Kansas' Sunday WSJ gold-bashing article was in fact the final contrarian call. Wonder how long he'll be ridden for that one? The Aden Sisters weren't so far off after all....lol

10. tauferners

tauferners On a quest for knowledge

Yankee did you just go from a bear to a bull overnight?? LOL

Draft saved Draft deleted