Bullion Copper & Silver Sorting machines

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by coinsorters, Mar 13, 2011.

1. coinsorters

coinsorters New Member

I bought a coin analyzer/sorter on ebay (Copper Penny & Silver coin Sorter half quarter dime bar) that is 96% accurate at detecting copper and silver coins from rolls. pennysorters.com also has them.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

So, is it just a wieght that is equal to the zinc value of a roll of pennies ??? got a picture ???

4. Mark14

Mark14 Star Wide Receiver

i just checked pennysorters.com and it was a smoking paraphernalia website -__-

5. coinsorters

coinsorters New Member

they carry the machine for coins too

6. mecha1166

mecha1166 Junior Member

There are some at eBay, have to load one coin at a time. I have seen a wooden framed rotary sorter, didn't think much of it. There is one on the internet that you fill a hopper, that one is $300 or so, and would be worth it if it works as advertised.

7. coinsorters

coinsorters New Member

1982 and before are 95% copper the machine detects/sorts by induction of the metals

8. coinsorters

coinsorters New Member

No, $35 on ebay user ID krm1928 just set it up on a box divider and plug it in. works by induction of the metals

9. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

Thanks, now I see. It measures the electrical resistance in the coins. Since zinc is not a good conductor and copper is a very good conductor. Thus, the resistance would be higher in Zinc coins. Seems to me a $10 Ohm meter would do the same thing .

10. coinsorters

coinsorters New Member

penny sorter machine

ebay has them Copper Penny & Silver coin Sorter half quarter dime bar seller id krm1928

the pennysorters.com is out of them

11. mecha1166

mecha1166 Junior Member

The one sold by krm1928 is a _comparator_. Separates by weight, compares to a test coin of copper.
    You still have to drop coins in one at a time. Not too fast, It cannot compare them, and the coins will jam.

12. mecha1166

mecha1166 Junior Member

Look up Ryedale copper coin sorter.

13. CaptHenway

CaptHenway Survivor

Back in the late 1960's the U.S. Treasury and/or Mint and/or Federal Reserve Banks used to use some sort of machine to sort out silver coins from coins coming back from circulation. Does anybody have any information about when this was done, where it was done and what sort of machines they used?
    Thanks.

14. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

I know this might not be the popular opinion but when you buy something like this to sort through a mass of coins, it just takes the fun out of sorting. For me anyways. Plus I feel it's greed. There's no reason you need to go through $10,000 in cents a week so you can pull out the coppers.

Draft saved Draft deleted