Bullion Coin Supply Up, Premiums Down

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by spock1k, May 3, 2009.

1. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

want to get ur bullion graded? read before u leap

The U.S. Mint is catching up with demand for its one-ounce gold and silver American Eagle coins if the market experience of Greencastle, Ind., wholesaler Julian Jarvis is any guide.

Jarvis noted in an April 30 Coin Chat Radio interview that there no longer is a two- or three-week wait for delivery for the coins, and prices are coming down as well.

At the peak of the shortage, Jarvis said the premium over silver bullion value was $4.50 per ounce. It has receded to a current $3 an ounce, though Jarvis said before the shortage occurred the normal premium that he had worked with was $1.65 to $1.75 per one-ounce silver American Eagle.

read more here

http://www.numismaster.com/ta/numis/Article.jsp?ad=article&ArticleId=6641

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Danr

Danr Numismatist

Maybe we will still see the 2009 proof SAE's!

4. coinbuff

coinbuff Senior Member

I'm with ya Dan. I think we will - and not too late in the year.
    The mint will only lose more money the longer they take to produce them.
    (The mint is mandated by law to produce the bullion coins "in sufficient numbers to meet public demand" so they had to use the balnks to meet the demand.) If they're catching up, the proofs should be coming. :thumb:

5. Argento

Argento Perplexed

I'm with you guys. The Eagle and Buffalo proofs are the only things I am interested in buying for the remainder of the year.

They can't come soon enough. On the upshot, my ability to be patient is getting a work out between the UHR and the proof delays. :D

6. Argento

Argento Perplexed

7. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Good to hear , thanks Sire , Hail King Spock !
    rzage

Draft saved Draft deleted