Bought my first gold and I am panicking.

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by xeloz01, Sep 14, 2017.

1. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

You can come with me to Beijing and we can ask all 1.379 billion of them, you take
    Half and i will take half...LOL

Johndoe2000$ and Kentucky like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mpcusa

I would have to ask how do you know there fake ? just because there not scanning ?
    Would be interested in your hypothisus.

4. Deserttaxguy

Deserttaxguy New Member

Yes, if it doesn't authenticate on Veriscan thats a problem, also the condition of that package is way too tattered up.. Thats a problem.. Thats the point of the Veriscan and the packaging. If it don't authenticate and looks bad; I'm going to suppose it IS BAD! Just a reminder on what Veriscan is http://www.pamp.com/veriscan

Now, lets hope the original poster puts up the photos of the back and we can tell better.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    midas1 likes this.
  5. mpcusa

I have seen plenty of roughed up packaging in my day, and though that may
    have a negative affect on your out look of the piece in question, it doesnt
    Necessarily mean it,s fake, and the Veriscan process isnt mistake proof either
    So the only real way to test it, is to try and weigh it, it,s a process of elimination and never assume anything !

Kentucky likes this.
  6. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I think a lesson can be had here about how the average guy or gal ought to buy gold.

7. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

It's liquidity is already severely hampered if you have to jump through hoops to verify that it's real

Blissskr and mikenoodle like this.
  8. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha......please stop, my sides hurt.

Adam34falcon likes this.
  9. mpcusa

Said it before and i will say it again, educate yourself !! before buying anything !!
    You will for sure save yourself many hundreds if not thousands of these $$$$$$

10. rte

rte Well-Known Member

There you go using symbols instead of pictures :greedy:
    nintchdbpict000248678603.jpg

Adam34falcon likes this.
  11. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Ah, I see some drug dealer had a bad day.:D

Adam34falcon likes this.
  12. mpcusa

Well, i would think you would at least offer me half and the Tec-9...LOL

13. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

These days with the amount of fake bars, etc if it didn't show up as registered with the manufacturer I'd pass unless the seller would allow me to conduct a specific gravity test, even if it meant opening the bar. SG tests are literally 6th grade science, all you need as a cheap digital scale, a wide enough properly marked graduated cylinder and a calculator (which any modern phone will work). Despite the fact that some people like to claim a bar could be tungsten filled, etc and thus come up close. Personally for smaller size bars I doubt a counterfeiter is taking the time to get the SG close, if anything they are concerned with mainly just the overall weight (often ignoring dimensions if you have a good caliper) and the SG would still give it away.

14. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

I'd actually still pass then without a significant discount. There's just to many bars out there to have to stretch for one at normal price that would be much more difficult to resell.

15. mpcusa

Not sure if this is really a huge problem, but as prices go up more people will
    Take a risk and try and make a fake product, as far as the tungsten issue i have
    Read a couple articles on this, the most recent being in the U.K, if memory serves
    Me correctly tungsten weighs less then gold so if is substituted the bar will weigh
    Less.

Draft saved Draft deleted