BITCOIN GETTING MURDERED Tonight

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by goldcollector, Mar 17, 2017.

1. InfleXion

InfleXion Wealth Preserver

This is a red herring. They are both alternative currencies, yes, but being an alternative doesn't imply criminal behavior for use. Lumping gold and silver into this boat is a leap of faith. Besides cash works just as well for the moment.

Idaho recently passed a law eliminating capital gains tax on gold and silver which are money, and gold's main purpose is to reflect the value of currency. They recognize that using gold and silver to settle debts is not a criminal act. More states will follow.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Yep, you're going to get that kind of stuff in states where Mountain Sheep outnumber humans, not elsewhere.

Co1ns likes this.
  4. Lesbian Cow

Lesbian Cow Member

I guess it wasn't a murder, just a small beat down, because she's back baby....

[​IMG]

JJK78 likes this.
  5. JJK78

JJK78 Member

Pushing $1600/BTC now... dang...

6. atariguy

atariguy Member

Yep, it's now at a new all-time high. The dips happen, just like the stock market.

7. HawkeEye

HawkeEye 1881-O VAMmer

Well, actually the money supply is controlled by the FED. The FED is only a quasi government agency and is owned by the member banks (stock ownership). The Board of Governors controls the money supply through open market operations and do so to regulate inflation and stability. That is why back in 2008 they could pump liquidity into the system by buying all the paper the government wanted to print, and by printing all the Federal Reserve Notes they needed to do so. You have read recently that they want to unwind the paper they bought, which they do as the economy grows by pulling money back out of the system and controlling inflation.

8. V. Kurt Bellman

Finally someone on this site got a Fed description correct. Too may others are reading conspiracy theorists.

Santinidollar likes this.
  9. Packrat

Packrat Well-Known Member

Thought about buying bitcoin but decided to take a poke in the eye with a sharp stick instead. As the Bobby Bare song says "That makes me 'the winner'."

10. 7Jacnum

7Jacnum Member

I think most on this thread know nothing about bitcoin and generally believe it should be avoided. What really should be avoided is fiat currency. Bitcoin is a viable exchange off money, you can easily purchase goods with Bitcoin and it may be a better investment than PM. i have watched Bitcoin go up $135 in the last week and there is an exchange where you can trade Bitcoin. It is worth more than gold now and is expected to go up 10x higher in the next few years. We all love our coins but Bitcoin is the future.

11. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Literally the worst advice that could possibly be given.

So one sentence you say to avoid money, but bitcoin is great because it can be exchanged for money and has gone up in dollar value.....got it.

PS bitcoin would qualify as less than fiat if you really want to be technical. At least money has a government and its military backing it.

V. Kurt Bellman and -jeffB like this.
  12. Lesbian Cow

Lesbian Cow Member

I bought my bitcoins in mid 2013. My cost basis is 118 USD per bitcoin. This has been far better than a stick in the eye....

13. V. Kurt Bellman

Who taught you about economics? You need to go find that person and punch him in the face. He steered you wrong. He had to be just messing with you.

14. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

Where can I buy milk, bread and diapers for my kids and pay with bitcoins? :p

15. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Except the Fed doesn't control BitCoin.
    the same place you can take your silver dime and buy a loaf of bread.

I'm sure the automated money machines will notice that the silver dime is worth more than 10 cents and your bitcoin has some arbitrary value. Or it may just dump it out the reject tray. ;)

Sunflower_Coins likes this.
  16. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

I think you can buy hookers and opium with bit coins.

17. 7Jacnum

7Jacnum Member

I always thought that this is supposed to be an open and friendly forum. But every time I express an opinion I get chewed up and spit out. I'm tired of it. Kurt I know more economics than you ever will. Baseball 21, if you think fiat currency is sound, I have no advice for you. Your hopeless. Who believes in Bitcoin? Dummies like Bill Gates and Richard Branson. Watch and learn!

18. 7Jacnum

7Jacnum Member

Kurt, you have insulted me more than once on this forum. You don't want to know what I think of you, but you can guess, I don't think very highly of you. I have no respect for you. You don''t deserve it.

19. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Because you say not to trust money. It is a pretty open forum, but when people spout nonsense about not trusting money yes you will get chewed up. Other people read this forum and if hurting your feelings saves one person from throwing away their money then it is worth it. A LOT of people lost a TON of money because of group think on forums with fiat and metals during the run up. So if I have to be the bad guy for a day or two to hopefully save a couple people from losing their shirt then I will

V. Kurt Bellman likes this.
  20. V. Kurt Bellman

The colleges who gave me my degrees in it might disagree. Whoever taught you English grammar and usage also deserves a proper thrashing.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
  21. V. Kurt Bellman

If you post more often, you won't have to wait so long for the NEXT time I'll insult your opinions. :D You see, not all opinions are equally valid, regardless what you may have heard. Some are based on uneducated uninformed drivel, like yours.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
    Kentucky likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted