Awesome find Dime/penny error

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by projectcom, Jan 21, 2021.

1. projectcom

projectcom New Member

Hi there all, hoping you can help. This coin was actually found by my brother from a roll and I have heard about them and think it is a great find. So in the pictures it is a dime size planchet that has the reverse of a dime and the flip side is a reverse of a penny. I did not believe it til I saw it. He does not have a scale for weight but I am working on getting here. Reason for thinking it is a dime planchet obviously is because the reverse penny stamp does not fir. Would greatly appreciate any info you all can provide. Thabk you so much in advance.sorry for the low grade pics he has an ancient phone. I will try and resubmit new pics and weight as soon as it is here. Thank you again.

Attached Files:

JeffC likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cwart

cwart Senior Member Supporter

The penny has been ground down and attached to the dime. The minting process wouldn't really allow an error like this to occur.

Matthew Kruse, yakpoo and spirityoda like this.
  4. Lawtoad

Lawtoad Well-Known Member

5. projectcom

projectcom New Member

Wow thank you so much for the quick replys. Appreciate the info and will check the thread

yakpoo likes this.
  6. projectcom

projectcom New Member

Thanks so mich for the info

7. projectcom

projectcom New Member

Sorry for spelling errors. Horrible vision lol

8. projectcom

projectcom New Member

Thank you so much Everyone for always chiming in and teaching me something new. I appreciate you all and this forum immensely, have a great night!

9. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

I like it
    But no date ;)

10. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

Pick 'tails'. Nice find!

Draft saved Draft deleted