Awesome Deal Alert: 2010 10 oz Kookaburras @ Gainesville Coins

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by rodzm, Sep 4, 2009.

1. rodzm

rodzm Ag Addict

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

They look great! I'm about to buy two (2) of them, but the S&H seems a bit pricey...$14.80...I guess the discount covers that. Thanks for the "heads-up".

4. rodzm

rodzm Ag Addict

Well considering they sell for almost $200 on APMEX (plus shipping). You really cant beat that. Premium silver almost at spot is unheard of.

Great deal nonetheless and you could always resell at a profit as they can easily sell for over $200. This auction for a 2010 Kook ended for $244.45 plus shipping on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-10-oz-silv...lion?hash=item45ede330b3&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

5. danisanub

danisanub Finance Major

it's been pulled from the site!

6. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Sweet! :D

I pulled the trigger on two of them. Wish I could do more but the Spouse coins are tapping me out. That 1 Kilo coin looks Awesome!

7. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

CRAP! ...really? :yawn:

8. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Man...I ordered two (2) of the 10 oz coins this morning and paid via PayPal. I don't see any emails from them and I don't see any transactions in PayPal, either. I would think I should see a PayPal transaction. I don't know what's going on here. I sent them an email. I'll post the response when I get it. :rolling:

9. danisanub

danisanub Finance Major

I think they may decide to cancel your order lol

10. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

What's odd is that there's no record of the transaction in PayPal. I know I logged into PayPal and paid. Does anyone know if these guys are legit? I'm starting to wonder if this is some sort of Phishing site.

11. rodzm

rodzm Ag Addict

No phishing site...my 2 transactions showed up at 6:25 and 6:29 PT

12. krispy

krispy krispy

Not a phishing site. I have bought one time from Gainesville and they ship quickly and in very secure insured parcels. However the items I ordered where early release high grade MS ASEs from NGC and the coins were covered in milk spots so I returned them with no problems.

I just did a search for the 10oz Kookaburra and found this link, is this the same deal?

13. rodzm

rodzm Ag Addict

Yup except the deal was for about $163.xx before it sold out and got replaced by a diff link

14. krispy

krispy krispy

I guess you guys got in on these at a decent after market time since you posted this deal so early in the morning. I've checked the link I posted above a couple of times and the price has fluctuated with the market, I suppose. When I first looked at that new link they were going for" 187.23, 185.50, and 186.03 at the latest.

15. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

crap, always a few steps behind. Is $186 still a deal on them. I'm thinking not but I don't buy them usually.

16. krispy

krispy krispy

It's not too bad given the potential rise in silver. If you add the shipping cost to that 186, it's about $20/oz. You might watch what the price does after the market close today, maybe silver will end a little less this afternoon or Gainesville could shift the cost to a fixed price lower over the long holiday weekend.

17. rodzm

rodzm Ag Addict

Well it looks like a member on another forum called Gainesville Coins and inquired about the low price. Turns out Gainesville Coins was actually running a special on the 2010 10 oz Kookaburras.

Now how awesome is that???

18. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

I called them today to find out what was going on with my order. They said that they had been running a special, but it had "sold out". They got "several" orders after the sell-out (mine was one of them) that they cancelled (I was never notified the order was cancelled).

I suggested that they should have taken down the offer instead of accepting, then cancelling orders. They said they "understood my concerns", but nevertheless, wasn't going to accept the order. However, I was welcome to replace my order at the higher price. :headbang:

I was a bit upset that they didn't honor my order, but they seemed to be a professional site that would be worth doing business with in the future...once I get done being mad at them. Definately not a Phishing site.

19. krispy

krispy krispy

Wow! That sucks. Sorry to hear about your order. I think they are an 'okay' dealer but sounds like they could improve a little given your situation. I wonder if or how they announced this special. Since I've ordered from them in the past and have an account I'm surprized they didn't send out an email marketing blast.

20. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

try australian lunar series II year of the tiger.

21. krispy

krispy krispy

Draft saved Draft deleted