ATB sets AVAILABLE $937

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by 9guns, Apr 8, 2011.

1. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

DM=Deep Mirror.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SilverHaired

SilverHaired New Member

Oh, that makes sense (red-faced me). On the slabs, they are DMPL, but on the PCGS website, it looks like they abbreviate it to DM. I was thrown off by the MS60. Come to think of it, I think my damaged coin wouldn't pass MS-60 (should be AU).

4. x78089

x78089 Member

got mine from DGI today. They were in phenomenal shape. I may just send them in for grading. I appreciate the tip from this board.

5. claygump

claygump New Member

Not sure how they work it. I ordered mine as soon as I got the e-mail from APMEX and the STILL have not shipped.
    I'm starting to wonder if they are melting down Granny's tea set and making these themselves.

Order Date: 4/13/2011 Order Status: Checked into B Vault

6. 9guns

9guns Junior Member

me too

7. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I just noticed the activity on eBay has slowed down for ATB's quite a bit. With 129 listings, only 21 have active bids of two or more. Only one of has a the bid in the $300+ range, the rest are in the $100's-$200's. The bulk of the listings are still "Buy It Now" with "I'll Wait" pricing. Looks like we may be able to get back to collecting and leave the investing to the bullion guy's and gal's. In a way it's a welcomed relief.

8. BullionBully

BullionBully New Member

Got two sets pending from PB. Just received my letters in the mail so a call & then DSD soon.

9. Belisarius

Belisarius Collector General

When did you mail your applications? Submitted two last Monday (the 16th) - hope they still had sets left for me!

10. claygump

claygump New Member

My ATB set from APMEX is Finally shipping.

Ordered 04/13/2011
    Paid 04/19/2011
    Estimated Ship date 04/26/2011
    Actual Ship date 05/23/2011
    Est Arrival 05/27/2011

They must use some sort of "first in - last out" queue.

11. 9guns

9guns Junior Member

mine shipped on friday and im getting it this friday, will post up what i get.

12. BullionBully

BullionBully New Member

5/12: Paperwork filled out and mailed.
    5/20: Check cleared & funds have been deducted.
    5/23: Recieved paperwork stating funds received and payment cleared.

Just waiting for the "call" and paperwork from DSD.

Seeing as you sent your app out 2 days after me, you should be fine. They guy I spoke too was overly confident that there was plenty in-stock and couldn't wait to get rid of them all. I guess they didn't see the 10% cap coming that the US Mint put on it. LOL, sucks for them.

13. 9guns

9guns Junior Member

i just got my diamond state depository packet in the mail yesterday. it took around 3 weeks after my check cleared.

14. onecoinpony

onecoinpony Member

It will take aproximately another 3 weeks after you mail the $65 to receive the ATB's.

15. Nate

Nate New Member

Just wanted to let everyone know what turned up in my APMEX set that I received last Friday.

I may have accidentally skirted the system because with the set I also ordered the U.S. Mint monster box/tubes. (I was considering using it to store the full bullion set, but I'm not sure if I want to do that or not since they'd be impossible to view without handling that way.) Anyway, since I ordered these two items, they were shipped together and may have influenced which ATB set I received.

I ended up with a box that had no A/B/C/D letter designation at all. The contents were mixed, as I heard some of the 'A' boxes were:

Grand Canyon BU
    Yosemite BU
    Mount Hood MS68PL
    Hot Springs MS69PL
    Yellowstone MS69PL

16. onecoinpony

onecoinpony Member

Apparently they stopped putting letters on the boxes about a week ago. Your mix puts you at about a B box. As the two 69's are offset by the BU's.

17. BullionBully

BullionBully New Member

Just got the call from PB, same with the GF. Things are moving quicker then I thought. I guess the hype died down a little and the sets that you have to jump through loops are still available. Hum... might go for another set since I have more opportunity but I'll call before I go through with it.

18. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Yep, just like anything else that's new, things simmer down after the first initial rush. Once the dust settles then the prices look better. just my 2 cnts.

19. claygump

claygump New Member

So my APMEX set arrived today.
    (2) were rated (BU) and the other 3 were (MS68).

Here was a conversation with a local coin shop.

ME: "You interested in a set of 2010 ATB."
    COINSHOP: "Yeah sure."
    ME: "So they are all FIRST STRIKE and PCGS graded BU to MS68. Still in box. What will you guys pay?"
    COINSHOP: "Ok hang on......Yeah we will pay $186 each."
    ME: "So just spot?"
    COINSHOP: "Yep."

I guess we can say the dust has settled down on these things.

20. JJK78

JJK78 Member

When was the last time you paid a premium for an MS68 Silver Eagle? MS69 ok maybe but 70's are where the premiums lie with ASE's. Seeing as how no MS70 ATB's exist MS69 is the holy grail, everything else is just bullion....

$.02

On a side note I just sold 2 ungraded sets on Ebay for $2400 so there are still folks trying to cherry pick out there...

21. GaSilverFan

GaSilverFan New Member

Sorry, Clay. But I feel ya. I was offered $900 yesterday for my set (2 BU's, 1 MS68, 2 MS68PL) from the local CS. No better feeling than to LOSE $80 on an almost $1000 investment. Unless silver really does shoot up to over $50 per oz, looks like I'll end up being buried with these things :dismay:

On a lighter note...I really like the uncirculated ones! Funny how it doesn't bother me a bit to pay $88 more per coin for those (maybe I need to talk to a professional).

Draft saved Draft deleted