ATB sets AVAILABLE $937

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by 9guns, Apr 8, 2011.

1. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Thanks for that info GaSilverFan, but that's not worth anyone's effort unless they are strapped for cash and want the easiest way out.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GaSilverFan

GaSilverFan New Member

That's exactly how I replied today when they quoted it. The operator just kept going on and on about how "lucky I was to have been invited to purchase this future collectible from Apmex, regardless of grade" :eek:

4. JJK78

JJK78 Member

FYI I just got a call from Prudential who just confirmed that I got a set of ATB's from them - YAY! The guy who called said if I knew anyone else who wanted them that they have "plenty" left. I also asked if there was an easier way to order them and he told me you could just call... He gave me a number which I didn't write down, but the number he called from was 1-212-778-4654. It is worth a shot if you have been trying to get one but have not been successful!

5. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

JJK78:
    I can't remember anymore, are theirs graded or raw? I might try one more time for a higher grade set.

6. GaSilverFan

GaSilverFan New Member

Prudential's are raw. My GF has a set coming from them. A great price ($860 + $65 ship) but takes forever to get the coins. Though you can bank that NO ONE is cherry picking these sets.

7. Draped10c

Draped10c New Member

I wonder if they put different letters on the box just to confuse and or screw with people.

8. Yamaha R6

Yamaha R6 New Member

Help understanding Value of ATB coins

Hey i need some help guys... am i getting ripped off?

I finally got my ATB set from AMPEX

I have 4 PCGS MS68DMPL

and one PCGS MS69PL (Grand Canyon)

I need to sell these... i have a cash offer of 1300 is that reasonable or should i try and get more for them?

9. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

Yamaha, I spoke to a buyer at Modern Coin Mart this afternoon. He said he would pay $1,500.00 for my set, consisting of 2 MS69 and 3 DMPL68. Using this as a guide, it seems you could get a little more. Good luck.

10. GeorgeM

GeorgeM Well-Known Member

I received my Dillon Gage set today. Not slabbed, just in Mylar flips. They look like they will grade well (none of the dreaded milk spots that I've heard about) but I was hoping for better after the long wait.

Since I'm in Texas, my order included two ASEs - both arrived in slabs (ICB MS69 1993 coins). One of the slabs has a large gouge on it right across the coin display area.

11. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

I came home from work and saw that I had received my set from Dillon Gage. Yahoo. The box does not appear large enough to contain any with slabs.

12. ticking

ticking New Member

I had an odd email today. My 5oz ATM that I sent in to have graded came back as sp68 and sp69. Received email from grading company that they have them on their registry as sp and they should be ms. Told me to send back to get correct label. Guess I had better get it taken care of.

13. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

I'm sometimes slow on the uptake. What does "SP" mean?

14. Belisarius

Belisarius Collector General

The wait is over! Received my APMEX set today, 1 x MS69PL, 3 x MS68DMPL, 1 x MS68PL. There was a "B" on the outside of my box. Nice coins - they're huge!

PS - All are First Strike - I presume all others from APMEX are receiving the same?

PPS - The MS69PL is the Grand Canyon, which seems to be worth a lot more than all the others except for Yellowstone (which is unfortunately my MS68PL). Any thoughts on the wide range of values according to PCGS? Artificial, or are there really fewer high grade Grand Canyon and Yellowstone?

15. rickmp

In MS69PL, the PCGS pop numbers are:
    GC 2005
    HS 705
    MH 1139
    YE 1144
    YO 1729

MS69DMPL:
    GC 769
    HS 1734
    MH 1823
    YE 1378
    YO 1468

16. rickmp

Ms68pl:
    Gc 962
    hs 207
    mh 616
    ye 705
    yo 859

ms68dmpl:
    Gc 588
    hs 1477
    mh 1338
    ye 1518
    yo 1292

17. Belisarius

Interesting - the prices on the PCGS website (I know they aren't usually the best guide...) certainly don't reflect that rarity order

18. rickmp

PCGS graded 2 Hot Springs at MS60DM, and 1 Yellowstone at MS60DM. All others graded higher. They've graded a total of 27,555 so far.

19. Belisarius

Must be some poorly cared for coins to get those grades - perhaps Dillon Gauge coins from what others have been saying here

20. SilverHaired

SilverHaired New Member

I think it stands for "specimen (strike)". I think they intend to use that for the uncirculated versions (with the frosty finish).

21. SilverHaired

SilverHaired New Member

If "DM" stands for "damaged" then maybe that would be the grade of one of my Hot Springs coins. It had a dark ding on the GW side which I was able to clean with acetone (looked like machine oil) leaving just the ding. There was some damage at the top but the worst was the damage on "QUARTER DOLLAR" which looked flattened.

Draft saved Draft deleted