ATB sets AVAILABLE $937

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by 9guns, Apr 8, 2011.

1. 9guns

9guns Junior Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Duke!!! Where are you?

4. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

Question : Why would anyone pay $1,000 for 5 ounces of silver? when one could buy 5 ASE for $200.

5. WebNomad

WebNomad Junior Member

wow, how reputable is the vendor? this price is really incredible since this is below-the-spot price at the time of this post!!

I also wonder if I can still get a set from this seller when I already ordered one from MTB...?

6. WebNomad

WebNomad Junior Member

huh?

7. GeorgeM

GeorgeM Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't this be for 25 ounces of silver (5 x 5 ounces per coin/round)?

That means that Dillon Gage is selling these below melt, which also seems quite odd. Anyone have a perspective on that?

8. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

Perhaps, I just do not understand. Are these things 5 ounces or 5 pounds ?

9. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

Thank you George. Now I understand.

10. 9guns

9guns Junior Member

they are selling at the max that the mint will allow this issue to be sold for, i WOULD NOT WAIT if you want one of these.

11. medoraman

medoraman Supporter! Supporter

First, I dount today you can buy 5 ASE for $200. Second, it is for a SET of 5 ounce silver coins.

12. NorthKorea

NorthKorea Dealer Member is a made up title...

ATB sets are five 5-OzT coins. 25 OzT per set.

What I don't like about this is that they're only accepting wires. Int'l wire transfers cost me $50 at my bank (and I assume it's the same for domestic). That means I'd have to wire the money from my brokerage account (since they only charge $25 for domestic wires). While that still comes in below spot, it also comes in well above the price I'm still able to get eagles at.

Also, doesn't Dillon Gage have a $5k minimum to purchase from them?

Edit: Lisa Martin of Dillon Gage clarified that the $5k minimum doesn't apply to this set.

As an AP, DillonGage must sell out of 2010 ATB sets before the deadline (which I don't know the date) in order to be eligible to be an AP for the 2011 ATB sets (which are expected to retail closer to $1700).

13. WebNomad

WebNomad Junior Member

"If for any reason we are unable to fulfill your order, we will cancel the transaction and refund your payment."

So, for whatever reason the order is not guaranteed and I still have wired them the money, then I will have to eat the bank wire fee by myself.

14. GeorgeM

GeorgeM Well-Known Member

Looking at the form, am I reading it correctly that Texas residents have to add 2 ASE's to their order? Is that to get over $1k and avoid the in-state sales tax issues?

15. WebNomad

WebNomad Junior Member

I think they are definitely unable to fulfill the new orders, simply because the silver spot price has exceeded $40. Please correct me if my suspicion is mistaken.

16. 9guns

9guns Junior Member

im 1/2 tempted just because its a no brainer getting it $3 under spot but i have 3 sets confirmed already and the fact that i dont like the bank wire either. if i didnt have these 3 coming i'd be all over this for sure though, it just hit the website today so im sure if you wire today you'll be GTG.

17. 9guns

9guns Junior Member

yes, you are wrong, read post #9 or check out the ATB thread

18. JJK78

JJK78 Member

Well I just faxed my order in :) YAY. Not every day that you can buy over $1000 melt value in silver at 10% below spot ;)

19. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Yeah, I'd jump right on this if not for the wire-only provision. I'd be happy to pay 5% more if I could use a CC or PayPal. No guarantee that I'll get it even if I fax the form and wire the funds today, but 100% guarantee that my bank will charge me for the wire transfer regardless. For all I know, I could get charged again on the incoming transfer when they refund it!

20. WebNomad

WebNomad Junior Member

OK, so I guess at least they cannot use the spot price factor as the official excuse for declining your order. I wonder if you got successful experience to share about this seller. Hopefully the other people can have more to say, maybe in the ATB thread, which was started by me.

21. WebNomad

WebNomad Junior Member

Yes, the incoming wire fee!

Draft saved Draft deleted