ASE two proofs 2012 set

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Clint, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Clint

Clint Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BioEtOH

BioEtOH Member

I passionately love collecting ASE coins so I will definitely go for it regardless how much it would cost. For that, I am gonna cut off my cigarettes so I can save more money to buy a few sets :smile

ps: thanks for the info btw ;-)

4. Hellofthenorth

Hellofthenorth New Member

Yes, thanks for the info. That is good news for someone like myself. I like to collect but I really can afford to pay only face value for the silver in my collection. I do have one 1990 BU ASE that I bought at melt and a small shipping fee. That is by far my nicest coin. I'll be purchasing at least one set for myself and maybe another if the timing is right and I have funds available. The 25th anniversary set was too pricey for me and from what I hear very difficult to get.
    I really enjoy the fact the will be producing a reverse proof, I really want to obtain one of those. $134.99 would be a good price but I would like to see if a little lower.
    HOTN

5. Clint

Clint Member

You should be collecting 5oz ATBs :p

6. Hellofthenorth

Hellofthenorth New Member

I'm so not a fan of those big hockey puck looking things. Not sure if anyone collects those???
    HOTN

7. JJK78

JJK78 Member

Excellent info... I'm sure i'll get a few of them but don't think it will be nearly as big a hit as the 25th set. Based on the pricing of the 25th set I think these will be around $120~ for the set, depending on the price of silver at the time.

8. Thanks for that info. As an ASE collector, I am in. :smile. TC

9. vdbpenny1995

vdbpenny1995 Well-Known Member

As many as possible. I love the look of reverse proofs :)

10. wgpjr

wgpjr Collector

I hope I can get an order in before they sell out this time. I just want one reverse proof, dang it!

11. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

what some of us cant afford the 2011 set. now here comes 2012. they should reduce the weight to quarter ounce.

12. Clint

Clint Member

The article indicates there should be plenty to go around. Hopefully, not too many ;)

13. BioEtOH

BioEtOH Member

I hope all CT-ers and other true coin collectors could at least get one set - I hate those flippers for huge unreasonable profits!

14. AlexN2coins2004

AlexN2coins2004 ASEsInMYClassifiedAD

I do too but also you can't say you wouldn't take $500+ profit for flipping an extra 2011 5 coin set if you had it...I know for a fact I'd do it...$500 is alot of coins and fun for me...some of those flippers are probably like us just using it to be able to buy more coins or get higher grade ones for their collections...

15. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I will buy one set, no more or no less. I still have a bad taste from the 2009 fiasco.

16. BioEtOH

BioEtOH Member

I merely meant to say that I am against those people who do not even care about coin collecting but take advantage of the situation for profit. On the other hand, when the game has been played fair and square, then I wouldn't mind if one would gain profits from their coins. Just feeling sorry for true collectors who didn't even get a set of the 25th anniversary ASE. Unfortunately, I can't blame anyone or any entity for what happened with the release. It was just an unpredictable mess up in my honest opinion.

17. Nick_Escalante

Nick_Escalante New Member

This is exciting and I'm looking forward to the release date. Now, the question is concerning the grading process and how about to send coins into TPG's? Will it be similiar to the 25th Ann. set which a shipping box must not be opened to aquire a 'special' label... I'm thinking yes. It's early and I'm sure others with much more knowledge will chime in. thanks.

18. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

19. lillyboots

lillyboots Member

Always Beautiful Coins and probably the best overall product the Mint sells for the price. I'm in for a couple.

20. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

I will try to get 1 set. I'm not obsessed with the American Eagle and think there are a number of more interesting coins available in the world silver bullion coin arsenal, but what does appeal to me is this set should consist of the first reverse proof with an S-mintmark (I'm assuming this, as the set will celebrate the anniversary of the San Francisco mint.) Of course, my assumption could be incorrect as the Mint has a pretty strong recent track record of pulling boners.

In any case, it will be interesting (aka irritating) to deal with the Mint's antiquated ordering system once again.

21. treehugger

treehugger Well-Known Member

Good job! I think quitting smoking is 1 of the best things a person can do for himself/herself. It's been 11 months for me now and I feel so much better. I also like the fact I have more money for coins with the funds I have saved.

Draft saved Draft deleted