ASE Roll of 20 with styrofoam peanut on top

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by DavidinCA, Apr 1, 2019.

1. DavidinCA

DavidinCA New Member

I've been ordering ASE Rolls from a variety of online dealers. They all seem to have a styrofoam type peanut on top of the first ASE so the ASEs don't shift around in shipping. I notice that some posters here with their pictures of ASE Rolls in Monster Boxes do NOT have this peanut, unless the poster had removed it to take the picture of a nice looking ASE. My question is should I remove the peanut so not to present a possible tarnishing over time?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

Yes. I’d remove it. The mint doesn’t put them there the dealers do.

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I've never encountered such a presence........you may want to re-think who you purchase your product from.

5. DavidinCA

DavidinCA New Member

I've decided to remove the peanuts. There are 3 different online dealers that have done this out of the 4 I have used. When ordering a roll of 20 same year coins, they are in a roll/tube (green lid) and they also use tape around it to 'secure' it shut, also not part of the monster box packaging scenario. But I can understand them doing so as the shipping method used by 3 of these companies is to put the roll into a small flat rate USPS box - which is not exactly the right size to be sending the rolls in the first place, which I've silently questioned that practice because the roll arrives in a box that's obviously overloaded. You would think that these companies would have specific boxes to send these ASEs but "investing" that kind of cents takes away from their bottom line.

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Get rid of that styrofoam. Some dealers use them to stop the ASE's from rattling during shipping.

7. twoshadows

twoshadows Member

Every roll we have ever opened has had the peanut in them. If the Mint doesn't do it then the distributors must do it?

8. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Ditto !! Silver were tarnish regardless, so a few peanuts on top is going
    To stop the process.

Draft saved Draft deleted