ASE: Random Year vs 2017

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Bman33, Aug 24, 2017.

1. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

The mint wont sell the bullion to regular people, but there is a mint state one that looks close that people often confuse with that. You are right only the distributors get the bullion ones so that they are presold quickly and the mint doesn't have to worry about payment.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

As I'm a regular person, I am perfectly happy to have a large collection of ASEs that are, most assuredly, Bullion coins.

4. baseball21

Nothing wrong with that. Whatever makes everyone happy as that's what it's all about, just wanted to try and clarify about grading some

LA_Geezer likes this.
  5. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

If I had won the PowerBall for $700+ million last Wednesday I would be sure to buy higher grade coins, but only as long as I could make a distinction between the physical appearances of one selling for $100+ as opposed to $20, as in the case of these ASEs. I wasn't being defensive, and, in fact, thought you did a great job with your POV. I did not buy my ASEs as a coin collector as I have my vintage American coins, so I see them more as something of a commodity. I like to pay as little for these as I can.

OTOH, I just paid over $200 for just two Indian Head Cents tonight, and neither of them could be graded higher than, maybe, F or VF if I'm lucky. I didn't want to spend that kind of money, but there are times when you just have to. These sorts of coins bring me pleasure to look at — not that the ASEs don't — so I'm resolved that finishing a set of Indian Heads is going to cost me far more than I'd hoped. The Bullion will have to retain enough of its purchase price when/if my wife liquidates the estate to keep her as she is accustomed to.

baseball21 likes this.
  6. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Here,s the deal, its your money what ever helps you get to your objective
    That,s what you need to focus on, if your simply in it for the bullion always
    By the cheapest over spot you can find (thats investing 101) it really helps
    to shop different stores as well as there is many different prices out there
    For the same thing, if your goal is more on the side of collecting then it,s
    Really buy what you want, because you like it just my two cents.

7. baseball21

In the end that's what really matters. There is a value to enjoyment and happiness that can often be forgotten. Really when we think about what we spend money on for enjoyment like movies restaurants ect at least a coin gives some return and you will never hear me tell you not to pursue coins that make you happy

8. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

My heir may not get as much for my coins as I spent on them but they will certainly get more than they would for that used movie ticket or that old restaurant receipt.

Draft saved Draft deleted