Are We In a "Gold Bubble"?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Good Cents, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Good Cents

Good Cents Well-Known Member

What do you think, are we in a "Gold Bubble" with gold at $1,510 ?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

I think if were not there yet, we our close, Gold has just punched
    Paladium in the mouth !! and has stormed right on by, bought
    some Kruggers a while back for under $1,000 so it might be the
    Right time to pull the trigger !!

Good Cents and Legomaster1 like this.
  4. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Recession fears, problems in Hong Kong, tariffs and trade wars and rock-bottom Treasury rates have made gold an appealing place to park money for big stock investors. Does it last? I’d be rich if I could forecast that.

5. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

You could easier predict when the 10th gulf hurricane hits.

Good Cents likes this.
  6. Good Cents

There should be another word for times like this, other than "Possible Bubble" because a "Bubble" seems to only be something that you can identify in hindsight. We know the 2011 spike in Silver was a "Bubble". But while it was happening, nobody knew what was going to happen. With the 2008 Stock Market Crash it was identified, again only in hindsight, as a "Bubble" with banks bundling sub-prime housing loans, giving them good ratings and selling them to investors, while issuing mortgages to people who couldn't possibly afford them. In hindsight, that was a "Bubble".

But when you're in the "Eye of a Possible Bubble" and you can't see the forest from the trees, you don't know if you've hit a "Bubble" or a piece of old chewing gum. It could use a name, even if just for Precious Metals. Maybe we can come up with a better name than "Speculative Bubble" or "Potential Bubble" or "Maybe, Possibly a Bubble" or "Nobody-Has-Any-Idea-If-It's-A-Bubble."

Any ideas?

7. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

the bottom line, you have to go with your gut, mine is saying sell atleast some
    Of my stock, i dont think $500 OZ profit per coin is that bad...LOL

Good Cents and Seattlite86 like this.
  8. Good Cents

Okay. So you've made your $500 profit. Now what? Will you invest some of it in Gold again now, or wait for it to come down? If it goes to $2,000 oz will you kick yourself that you didn't hold?

9. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

When you take a profit don’t look back.

Good Cents and Bman33 like this.
  10. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

I have some gold to sell a little bit at a time. Think dollar cost selling. 1 ounce a month. That way if it goes up i can still ride that upswing.

Good Cents likes this.
  11. Good Cents

That's smart! I think it's called "Dollar Cost Averaging" when you're buying stocks or a mutual fund, but in your case it would be "Dollar Sale Averaging" or "Gold Sale Averaging". I think it's a smart idea! Good Luck!

Bman33 likes this.
  12. Good Cents

Who among us doesn't look back?

But you're right, when you make money, it's always good to be happy with what you made. We all know it could just as easily have gone the other way.

Santinidollar likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted