Are Stocks 80% Overvalued?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by fretboard, Aug 24, 2015.

1. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

I'm not a coin dealer and I wasn't talking to you.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

First part: Of course that is inflation, no one said it wasn't, we were strictly talking about the rate, not the existence, which you believe is much higher than the GOV publishes. Showing a one day rise does nothing at all to show what that rate is. The example you gave represents about an 8% rise, but that is not the rate. From the info you provided the rate cannot be determined. You must know the time frame. You cannot assume an 8 % per year inflation rate, since they might have done that twice that year, or that is the first time in 4 years they changed the package size without changing the price. More info is needed.

Also, where do you get yummy TV dinners, the ones I get all taste like crap. Yuk....

Second Part: You argued that you cannot measure GDP since we do not know the REAL inflation numbers. I argued that we do know the rate since the GOV numbers are indeed accurate.

4. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

I am not certain, but I believe he is talking to you since you seem much more testy, but honestly, it could go either way. I am hoping it is me though, since I would like to take him up on his offer, because I do have Mommy issues ;)

5. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

"...We're strictly talking about the rate..."

I'll decide what I'll talk about not you. I said nothing about rates. Show me where I said "the inflation figures are much higher then the ones published."

What I asked was how can the GDP figures be accurate when they don't include food and energy in the inflation figure that is subtracted from nominal GDP? Stop torturing my posts.

You argue that we can measure GDP because the Gubmint figures are indeed accurate. Well shazam. Who could have seen that one coming? And of course we're back to the beginning: How can the figures be accurate if they exclude food and engery? Been listening to Harry Belafonte music tonight?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  6. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Stocks were up 350 points today. My silver went down again and gold remained close to even. I wouldn't of said this 2 months ago but $10 spot on silver could happen.

7. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

What kind of silver do you have that it went down? Gold was flat, but silver went up.

mikem2000 likes this.
  8. SD51555

SD51555 Active Member

And we'll be saddled with $6 markups on it. I just don't see us getting a chance to buy silver for $11 or $12. I believe it is absolutely possible, if not likely, that spot will get down there. I just don't think bullion prices will follow.

saltysam-1 and serafino like this.
  9. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

I think I figured this out...you got this info from an "official" government website, right? Was it called something like fedrespropaganda.com?

I know, that was mean, just caught up in the nastiness of this thread....

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  10. kema

kema New Member

The reason we're seeing such low prices on PM is not because of ordinary market forces. When you look at the pattern the PM is usually smashed when trading volume is at it's lowest. Right before Asian market opens on Monday morning is popular I think.
    And the smack downs are purely targeted at running stops and crashing the price. Once price is as low as it gets the responsible parts buy it back for less than they sold it.
    Physical metal doesn't matter since it's a paper game. It's blatantly obvious and the authorities are allowing it to happen since it furthers their own goals.

11. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

That is incorrect........First off, what you are suggesting is difficult at best, and more probably impossible. The second is it not all obvious, The "authorities" really don't have that much interest in PM' s and what exactly do you think their goals are????

12. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Well it is retail Silver you are buying. When the prices get that low, it would probably be best to switch to paper or investment grade Silver.

13. kema

kema New Member

No point in arguing with you. You tell others to do the research but you discard everything diverging from your own belief without a second look.
    I'll happily have a discussion with anyone who's actually interested in a meaningful exchange.

14. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

That is also incorrect. I look at EVERTHING, give it a second look, a third look, and a forth look. Just because I think your points are very misguided, does not mean I didn't look at them. I probably have looked at PM manipulation more than all the stackers on this board combined. Think about it, if what you are saying is true, it would be easy to figure out the patterns, then jump in on the easy money. I would be all over it, but it is just not there. The patterns you are suggesting do not exist. It is just random, unpredictable ups and downs, that are totally consistent with normal market forces.

15. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Two things, that wasn't mean at all, it was actually quite funny. A person would need to have a very thin skin to be offended by that. That was just a good natured little jab.

Second, please point out a post you feel was nasty in this thread. Telling someone they are wrong and explaining why is not nasty at all.

16. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

It was off of KITCO. Their graft showed silver going down on Aug 26th from $14.62 to $14.11. Aug 27th it stayed the same. Today at 10:43AM it hasn't moved any. I round off so I don't count pennies. Are they way off on their numbers? Most of my silver was bought from APMEX or at various coin shows. I buy silver myself. My gold through Merrill Lynch in Ishares. They are my brokerage. Minimum investment: low to mid-six figures, so I don't consider myself a dummy. What are your commitments to be so vociferous and critical about? A few thousand dollars? I play both sides, you seem to play only one. That is your biggest mistake. If you want to make money, get involved where it counts.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  17. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Very wise words, and to PM only crowd, how do you think Sam was able to build such a position.????? Quite frankly, anyone can do it if they have enough years left, and good decisions are made.......

18. SD51555

SD51555 Active Member

I'm talking just plain metal. There was a golden time there not long ago where you could get 10oz bars at 69 cents over. Now those same bars are $2+ over and I'm betting will not move in price from here.

I would love to eat my hat. I just don't see us getting a crack at ten oz bars for $110 or $120. The mail man is going to have back problems if that happens.

19. SunriseCoins

SunriseCoins Active Member

@SD51555, 69. cent over spot ok one is the metal Silver Flat yet. Answer no its still going down year after year. Look for sales everyday that happens few times a year for 100-1000 oz of silver 69. Cents over spot.

Remember first Silver is not done going down yet to 2001 Levels before buying 100-1000oz at a time its your money do as you like.

When the metal Silver is Flat you may get that cheap/penny pinching deal for 10oz's for yourself then you will be more wanting silver to go up I am sure after years as Silver would need to be flat for years to get that deal about anytime the 69.Cent over Spot per oz, silly thing to want but ok.

Trust me you will never win unless you decide one day what is important is to have Physical Silver. But hey flip out and point at the dealers and say you charge me $1.31 to much for that 10oz bars for each oz, wow really.

By the way when has buying Silver Bars been the cheapest way to get Silver Bullion 9 out 0f 10 times it will not be.

Be happy your in the US, 1 you can buy it freely, 2 its cheaper then the Ozzzzies buy it down under, 3 its not taxed and 4 most important its under its top Value of $50ish dollars so either buy and work a average down smarty and not over do it or walk away and find something else to price pick at just not Silver please. Have a day.

20. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Oh, I agree, 10oz ers aren't going to cut it. The times are changing. Instead of buying a little at a time, it might be best to consolidate to one large purchase. Might need to go the 1000oz. route to keep the premium low. I mean even measly $1 premium at $14 is still a whopping 8%. That is starting way in the hole.

21. SD51555

SD51555 Active Member

Hang on Sunrise. I wasn't calling out dealers or flipping out. I don't even use exclamation points in a forum unless it's obviously positive. That's a button of mine. I was talking purely of markups and not the one to blame. I'm not a dealer. Don't know a dealer. I can't pretend to understand the ins and outs of the business. So I don't know what a dealer has to go through to buy, hold, and hedge a position.

When I see markups going higher across the spectrum, I can only fathom "something" is driving it. What that is, who knows? I don't worry about the why. I was simply stating that it would be too good to be true to see the markups we had when spot was at $17.

In the end, spot could be $5/oz. If a ten oz bar still prices at $158, this guy ain't buying. If a guy took the spot price consideration out of the equation, buy side silver prices haven't moved in quite a while.

serafino likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted