APMEX going downhill

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Kozmo70, Jul 21, 2023.

1. Kozmo70

Kozmo70 Active Member

Hey has anyone had trouble with APMEX lately. I had a buddy place an order recently and they shipped a wrong item. I personally have placed 200 plus orders with them and just in the last month have had a wrong item shipped that was nothing close to what I ordered plus it was way cheaper by a few hundred dollars from the original item. Still working through that mess. Then have placed orders on things they have in stock and qualify for 24 hour shipping and a week later still have not shipped. Just curious on if anyone else has had the same issue. I have been buying from them for years and never had a single issue.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Never had a problem at them. I did exercise patience in having it shipped to me.

imrich and SensibleSal66 like this.
  4. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I ask for a quote on a sealed monster box of ASEs. They were selling the exact same box for 40% more than they offered for mine. That did not set well with me. Several days later they contacted me with a much higher offer. I don't care for games like this.

Millard, Phoenix21, -jeffB and 2 others like this.
  5. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

I have only ordered from them once and had a Great experience! :)

6. Dynoking

Dynoking Well-Known Member

I'd be curious to when the 24 hour clock starts. To protect themselves from scammers they usually hold the order for 7-10 days waiting for your payment method to clear.

7. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Always have been my go to for coins especially
    Kruger’s , the only issue I have with them now
    is delivery time, use to order on a Sunday and
    get it by Thursday, it’s now turned in to a 3
    week ordeal to get my order :(

8. pmbug

pmbug Taking steps on my thousand mile journey

It's been a hot minute since I did business with them, but I have ordered things from them in the past and I never had any issues with receiving what I ordered.

9. KeyHunter

KeyHunter Supporter! Supporter

My APMEX receipts list me a gold "Elite Member" for whatever the hell or giggles that means...I've been cherry-pick date purchasing from them on a regular basis for a number of years and with the exception of them sending me the wrong item (a while back) everything has been fine and run like clockwork.

10. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

I've only made a few purchases from apmex (including my 95 morgan) but I've had no issues other then they a little slow with shipping weekend orders :D

11. mpcusa

Iam also APMEX “Elite” and your right, what does that mean ?? there are no benefits that I can see, at least they could give you express shipping as there delivery times can be up to 14 days and that’s just
    unacceptable to me, Ihave been buying from liberty coin as of late, shipping times
    are always 3 days :)

12. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

I wonder if supply issues and rising labor/insurance/other costs are impacting their ability to quickly ship orders and have them done ACCURATELY with quality workers.

They may have lost alot of veteran workers. Same thing has happened to the PO, UPS, and FedX.

13. mpcusa

I have shopped other PM companies and have not had the same issues, my go to now is liberty coin galleries not as big of
    selection I grant you but always check
    them first as I can always count on a quick
    delivery :)

14. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

That’s an issue throughout the workforce currently.

imrich and KeyHunter like this.
  15. pmbug

pmbug Taking steps on my thousand mile journey

16. mpcusa

If they would only improve. There shipping performance, I would be more willing to
    return but two week out delivery doesn’t
    work for me until that improves probably
    won’t be buying to much from them.

17. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Wow, $65.28. Spot per goldprice.org is currently $64.88/g, but was $65.72 earlier today.

But, once again, if Apmex thinks it's a good time to sell gold at a much lower premium than usual, I'm not sure it's a good time to buy...

18. mpcusa

Really depends on your strategy, my grand kids will be cashing in all my GOLD and that’s way down the line..LOL

19. GoldSolutions

GoldSolutions New Member

Maybe Apmex is having issues keeping up with the volume since it is the holiday season. The mail carriers are having issues since it is peak season for USPS. Personally my packages have been delayed due to it. I do hope Apmex recovers from their blunders. I wanted to start doing business with them.

20. mpcusa

This has actually a problem they’ve been
    having for some time. I can remember
    ordering on a Monday and getting my package by Friday, I guess those days
    are long gone :(

21. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It’s a few different things but if you’re patient there won’t be any problems.

rte and masterswimmer like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted