APMEX coin giveaway

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Dammage, Aug 13, 2009.

1. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Wall St and stocks, where it's at

In all honesty I do not own 1 gram of gold. That is why I hope to win a 1/10 oz eagle from APMEX, so I don't actually have to pay for it. Every time I look at them I think that I can buy a tube of ASE's for what 2 of the 1/10th GE's cost and just move right back to the silver page. I cannot get my mind over the hump. Who knows, maybe I will win one, love it and then sink more cash than I have or should into them...lol at my impulsiveness...

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rodzm

rodzm Ag Addict

Never put your all your eggs in one basket...believe me I learned the hard way last year with the stock market to the tune of $20K lost. Hedge your position always and the only way to do that is with gold (and maybe some Platinum and palladium thrown in the mix)

4. dmccarty

dmccarty Precious Metals Retailer

Good Morning Everyone!
    My My, how word travels fast on the web!

To address a few questions about the APMEX Great American Coin Give Away.

Sorry existing customers, this coupon is for newbies only (we send out tons of deals and coupons for existing customers already :) ). the coupon is good for $5 off a purchase of $100 or more. This is on top of the chance to win a free coin in the daily drawing. I just wanted to clarify the coupon issue before people got upset and started emailing us.

5. Dammage

Dammage Junior Member

I promise I will contact my lawyers and call complaining about this injustice. Just like people at Best Buy do. :)

http://blogs.moneycentral.msn.com/s...9/08/12/customers-irate-about-10-hdtv-ad.aspx

6. krispy

krispy krispy

Thanks for the clarification dmccarty ...and for the incentive program. I'd be interested to know what type of items are in the giveaway, I don't think I saw anything specifically indicated besides the wording "American coin" and "gold and silver coins" so while that sort of narrows it down to what these items might be, it's still quite broad. Is there a link to any terms & conditions of this program on the site? Again, thanks!

7. dmccarty

Yeeoouuuchh!
    That's the first I have heard of any online company ever incorrectly posting a price for something online.. the outrage.. the gaul.

Though I hate to admit it.
    It is true.
    APMEX is run by human beings too, and mistakes are occassionally made (though I sincerely hope not like the $9.99 HDTV type of mistakes).

In an era of hyper litigious behavior, even this is a bit over the top.

8. Dammage

Dammage Junior Member

It really is. Makes me sick. Everyone out there is trying to get something for nothing. If you got away with a $10 TV that's awesome. Good for you.

I guess that goes for me. I'm trying to get some APMEX coins for free. :)

9. krispy

krispy krispy

TV is ruining peoples minds!!! Lol!

Attached Files:

10. dmccarty

Good Morning Krispy!!

The final say on the coins will be from Scott, the President here at APMEX. I understand that we will be giving away Silver American Eagles, 1/10 oz Gold Eagles, 1/10 oz Gold Maple Leafs, 1/10 oz Gold Philharmonics and 1 oz. Silver APMEX rounds ( I know not official coins, but c'mon people :) let me get a little branding action from this, right? )

There may be some others, but I do not know for sure right now.

We will give away 2 free coins (of Scott's choice) daily - 1 to a winner from existing customers that register and 1 from new customers that sign up as a result of the campaign. Customer service will be randomly selecting the winners.

As far as T&C for this, we felt that it was pretty straight forward and self explanatory - though, with the BestBuy crowds already in a feeding frenzy, I'm thinking maybe I need to send a draft over to the attorneys office... what do you think? Personally, I think the coin and PM community is much more grown up and reponsible than the Best Buy Crowds.... I'm hoping my bubble isn't burst.

Dammage - getting free stuff is always fun - I'd get in on it too but I'm exempt... wait a minute.... Hold on...
    No - all of us employees know that we are exempt from it already.

11. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

I dont understand! I have spent thousands with AMPEX and of yet, I haven't received any discount coupons. I guess they forgot all about me!

12. PeacePeople

I do have one question and that is the registration daily. Are we supposed to register once every calander day or do we need to wait 24 hours to register again?

13. danisanub

danisanub Finance Major

You don't re-register, you click the existing members button and are entered again

14. PeacePeople

Gotcha, thanks...

15. krispy

krispy krispy

Of course! I figured your company might be giving out rounds or bars with APMEX logos on them! But man, that's impressive to give out those premium coins! Thanks!

ABSOLUTELY! I work in advertising, as a Graphic Designer and Art Director not an Attorney, but I have seen a lot of what goes into disclaimers and T&C. They are important and serve to protect you. While I don't like that we live in this world defined by litigation it does seem a necessary evil to doing business safely.

Thanks for the details to how this drawing works.

16. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

i should get one price.

17. PeacePeople

Do you think you should get a price or a piece or a prize? I'm not sure what you mean. Personally, I would like to negotiate my own price every time I order. Since I normally order in lots under $500 I think these might be long calls, waiting for the conversation to get rolling from the laughter.

18. danisanub

danisanub Finance Major

I think she means prize, she often misspells things

19. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

HEY! I won a GOLD COIN! anyone know how much gold is .24187? Is it the size of a small gold eagle or what?

20. krispy

krispy krispy

Way to go! You actually won one from APMEX?

Try using this calculator: DENDRITICS

21. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

I think I found the answer! .24187 worth of gold is 7.52 grams (.24187 troy oz.)
    am I right?

Draft saved Draft deleted