APMEX America The Beautiful 5 oz update

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by JJK78, Dec 15, 2010.

1. JJK78

JJK78 Member

For those who are interested... Just got this in my email a few minutes ago... Maybe if the stars align just right i'll see this set before Christmas :)

Dear John,​
    [​IMG]We have received instructions from the U.S. Mint regarding the distribution of the 2010 America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins. In accordance with those instructions, we have ordered our maximum allocation of 3,000 sets, each set with five coins for the 2010 year. We expect delivery of the coins late next week.
    Because the Mint discontinued the program and then relaunched the program with different requirements on distribution of these coins, we have asked the Mint a few questions for which we await the responses so we may fully comply with the new program. Please be patient while we receive clarification on the distribution and we receive the coins we have ordered. We anticipate we will able to provide additional information late next week.
    Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this matter and, as always, we value our relationship with you.
    Respectfully,
    David McCarty
    Director of Marketing
    American Precious Metals Exchange​

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. hamman88

hamman88 Spare some change, sir?

Thanks for the update. Let us know if anything else happens.

4. krispy

krispy krispy

Subscribe to APMEX product alerts and you will hear yourself faster than it can be posted here by others.

5. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

The Chinese are very anxious to see this problem solved as well. They probably have more counterfeit bullion than we have real, waiting for the big day to arrive.

6. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

I'm subscribed to APMEX product alerts, but didn't see that message. That message may have only been sent to those that already had orders pending.

7. krispy

krispy krispy

Yes, that is correct regarding the OPs post. Future product availability of these coins from APMEX can still be subscribed to with AlertMe! This I suggested to help keep hamman apprised of availability as these coins will be gone in a flash whenever they are available for sale.

8. deuce78

deuce78 New Member

Got my email yesterday, as well. Personally, I'd be really surprise to see them before Christmas. I almost wonder if they're trying to figure out a way to keep the extra money above and beyond what the mint stipulated they can charge for the set. Either way, I'm in this one for the long haul and will be trying to acquire the entire set. I like they way they look, just wish they would communicate what it is they're working on so hard over there.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas all!

9. coinman0456

coinman0456 Coin Collector

Oh my a DEAR JOHN letter.

10. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

i just want a set

11. JJK78

JJK78 Member

12. hamman88

I already have it setup so that they will text me when they are available. That way I can stop what I am doing and rush to a computer.

13. krispy

krispy krispy

You might want to rush to the phone to call in your order with APMEX if you are that determined. By the time you get to your computer, post something to CT then go to the APMEX web site, their inventory might be gone forever! :eek: :D

14. hamman88

Wouldn't it be something if the mint didn't have time to sell all of these before the end of the year? They rest would have to be destroyed and we would have a real rarity on our hands.

15. krispy

krispy krispy

They have already been minted and only in limited quantities, not really rare nor scarce in these numbers, but enough to ensure their value will rise on the secondary market due to the imposed low mintage and high demand. Also, the Mint will not be selling these coins directly but rather through authorized bullion purchasers who will in turn resell them to the public.

16. Ladies First

Ladies First Since 2007

Somewhere I remember hearing mentioned the number 12 regarding how many APs the mint has for bullion. Who besides APMEX are they? Provident? They sound secondary on their website...

17. krispy

krispy krispy

Provident are secondary to the best of my knowledge. Some of the APs were posted in other recent threads on this subject.

18. coinman0456

coinman0456 Coin Collector

19. FishyOne

FishyOne Member

Yes, Provident is secondary. The post above contains a link noting the 10 U.S. AP. There are several overseas also, but they are not getting the 5oz ATB pieces from what I understand.

20. FishyOne

FishyOne Member

21. Ladies First

Ladies First Since 2007

Draft saved Draft deleted