anyone who would buy a 25th Anv ASE set is INSANE?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by fatima, Nov 10, 2011.

1. x115

x115 Collector

your mere words is not going to change the market so give it up. let's talk in five years LOL :dead-horse:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. goldmember

goldmember Junior Member

Hey, if you are selling rolls of 40% silver halves for $65 a roll count me in! I will buy as many as I can afford.

4. buyingsilvers

buyingsilvers New Member

market price on 40% halves is from 9x - 10x face. Perhaps you mean 8x and 13x?

5. Guano

Guano New Member

You can't sell 40% halfs for melt, it cost more to refine them than it does 90%...I'm sure I could have sold them for 9x-10x on ebay but fees would have ate me up and it's more work.

6. phdunay

phdunay Member

Now you proved to me that you're lying. I had my major suspicions, but this confirmed it, Guano. First you buy silver for a small fraction of its face value, which nobody in their right mind would sell at that price, especially a pawn shop of all places which you mentioned. Then you take the magnificent deal you just got and blow it for still only half of spot price? Why on earth would you do that, not to mention you said you keep silver. I am not even going to bother arguing with you about this anymore, I am just going to sit back and watch because I've learned that with ridiculous people, you cannot reason with them.

7. Guano

Guano New Member

I don't collect 40% silver, I can buy them at $2 per coin at a second hand store, then I take them 50 miles to the nearest coin dealer and they pay between 6-8x face. They write me a check and I then sign the check right back over to them and use it to buy gold. Then the coin shop sells the 40% to the assayer for under melt too. It cost more to refine 40% than it does 90%. Not many silver stackers collect 40%. I live in a county with 100k people and not one coin shop, Right now the second hand store has about $70 face in 40% at $2 per coin and I guarantee if I don't go pick them up in the next few weeks they'll still be there for me when I do. The same shop has about $300 face in 90% but they want 26x face and it's been sitting there since silver went under $40 an ounce, they have my number and a standing offer of 22x face for all coins that are in avg circulated condition.

8. Guano

Guano New Member

Here's the second hand store Zephyr Zen 707-994-4749 and here's were I sell it Jack H Beymer coin shop 707-544-1621...make the calls and then apologize

9. goldmember

goldmember Junior Member

I think you are now inviting people to call and offer more than you pay.

10. Guano

Guano New Member

How will I ever live without my 40% halfs hook up.

11. Guano

Guano New Member

So who called from Virgina and got told only one person gets them for that price...?

12. Virginian

Virginian Well-Known Member

It was nice speaking with you.

13. Guano

Guano New Member

It wasn't me you spoke to, I'm the one who gets the good deals since I'm a loyal customer.

14. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

15. x115

x115 Collector

16. x115

x115 Collector

you only have 4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 4 days, and a few hours left.

17. silvermex

silvermex Junior Member

18. DW-coins

DW-coins Slave to coins...

You know, I've been thinking about the 25th anniv. market and the dynamics of supply and demand. At this moment there is the maximum amount of supply on the market. Everyone from Ma' and Pa' are selling their extra sets, the graded sets are hitting the market in droves and at the moment they're satisfying the demand. Which means in the next few week after these sets have all be eaten up, we will see the prices realized begin to move higher. It will have two effects. It will bring out those people who were not in a hurry to sell and it will induce those who wanted to buy sets but were waiting for prices to come down but now realize the opposite is happening. Prices will keep on rising until those who purchased 5x boxes can now turn a profit. So I may be totally wrong but I think the prices we are seeing at the moment will easily be double and possibly triple, in the next 6 to 9 months.
    Think about it, there were only 100k sets made. That's it! There are easily over 2 million who call themselves "coin collectors" (and I'm sure this is an extremely conservative number) and then add to that number the so-called collector/investor that have jumped into the fray due to rising bullion prices as well as the soon-to-retire who have been adding bullion products to their portfolio, and you come up with a total well over 10 million US citizens. This number is still only 3% of the US population! The point I've been trying to make is that supply at the current prices will not overwhelming demand, not even close, and although prices may fluctuate in the near term, in the longer term ( to 9 months) prices will only go higher...much higher.

19. fatima

fatima Junior Member

^Sounds like a real estate broker friend of mine in late 2006 in regards to buying & selling condos in new high-rises. He sells books now.

20. DW-coins

DW-coins Slave to coins...

Ha ha!! Yeah, I supose it might sound that way. With that in mind, your reply sounds like a friend of mine who only ordered 1 set instead of 5...

21. goldmember

goldmember Junior Member

This is absolutely possible, but so is the possibility that all the deep pockets will soon be satisfied and there will still be a glut up for sale, which will drive prices down. It remains to be seen, but I will be more than happy with current prices and I will sell as soon as I have them in hand.

Draft saved Draft deleted