anyone selling the 2011 ASE set for less than a grand is INSANE

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Danr, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

to open or not to open; that is the question.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. JJK78

JJK78 Member

Watch one of the opening videos which have been made, I think I've seen 2 so far. I was satisfied with that and now the debate is what to do with them now that I've got em!

Send em in to be graded?
    Sell them unopened? Although from what I see they are going for about the same price sealed vs. opened...
    Open a box of 5 to look at them, cherry pick them and sell em off 1 at a time?

Hrmm... decisions decisions...

4. mill rat41

mill rat41 Member

I opened mine and am glad I did. I'd be surprised if I had more than 1 or 2 70's from 4 sets.

5. onecoinpony

onecoinpony Member

That should quiet those that thought the 2 unique coins had a 50-50 chance at 70.

6. onecoinpony

onecoinpony Member

You're missing the point. You can buy a non cherry picked coin for the same price as a cherry picked. Which are you going to buy????

7. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

But, what do they say, "never count your.... till they're.... At this point, the potential is there.

8. statequarterguy

1 or 2 70's from all the coins or just the keys?

9. Irish2Ice

Irish2Ice Member

Yes, BUT imagine one of the other three "bullion" coins being graded MS70 with the 25th designation....Using the aforementioned numbers, only 5-10% would grade MS70 with only 100,000 produced....any of the 3 opened early get no designation thus reducing the overall number. So potentially less than a couple thousand MS70 25th Anniversary "bullion" coins. = Moon Money

10. mill rat41

mill rat41 Member

Total, I could find tiny flaws on all coins except for maybe 2 of the regular proofs.

11. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

Is it possible to see through the box and find flaws? I really want to open it but can't seem to do it. This is tough!

12. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

I'm shipping my first auction (5 sets) in that Diaper box from the video! No extra charge for that box! Ha Ha

Hopefully that makes someone laugh. It's actually a nice fit - sturdy box. LOL

13. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

I've got a 5 sets auction going right now. It's at $3999 at the moment with one bid.

14. Au Fever

Au Fever New Member

I'm still trying to figure out all the hoopla about MS70 in these. Aren't the only people who would really buy a MS 70 set gonna be flippers trying to reflip? Isn't the true coin collector just looking for a nice clean set of coins in OGP? Or maybe a registry collector but in that case aren't only the RP and "S" gonna be the ones that are big since all the others can be had in MS70 for cheaper and thats all thats needed for a registry set? Sorry for all the questions but im still kinda new to all this grading. Back when i was a kid, you bought coins stapled between those little cardboard sheets with a window in the center :) Also i ended up picking up just one set since these looked really nice to me.

15. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

Of course you're right but we're all still in the hype. It is the biggest thing in coins since the 1909-S VDB.

16. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

[​IMG]

17. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

I'm in for one:)

18. GregBnCoins

GregBnCoins Member

True that... But I believe the demand for the keys in this set guarantees at least double my money anywhere down the road! But sell isn't even in my equation! I'm a fairly young man so my wife will not retain possession 20yrs minimum God willing! But I see what your saying...right now its a frenzy and people are paying mad money! Wish I'd bought at least 1 more set... would have paid my investment, and bought a few Xmas presents!lol

19. statequarterguy

5x is the standard. What did you use?

20. statequarterguy

Seems mad because it's gone up quickly, but if the potential is 1500, it's still a deal.

21. statequarterguy

Well, it's big, but really?

Draft saved Draft deleted