Anyone lose their gold on a Transvalue truck in North Carolina?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Peter T Davis, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Hammer at the Ready Moderator

miedbe7, Clutchy and paddyman98 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

No, but I'll bet the driver knows where it is!

Chris

billy b, paddyman98 and Peter T Davis like this.
  4. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

medoraman and paddyman98 like this.
  5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  6. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

Possibility is that these robbers somehow targeted the truck while at a rest stop or someplace, while the people on/in the truck were unaware and set it up for a 'malfunction'. All they would have to do is to follow it until it happened and then go in. They don't even have to really know what is on there if they believe the load is valuable. That at least is one alternative to the trucking company employees being in on this.

paddyman98 likes this.
  7. paddyman98

Here is a map from the news report from The Daily Mail United Kingdom. Just in case you didn't know where North Carolina is located! :greedy:
    MapUK.jpg

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  8. charlie123

charlie123 Well-Known Member

You have a very clever mind.

Can you account for your whereabouts last night?

micbraun, carly and rickmp like this.
  9. Kasia

Looked at their site. Obvious they run really bright yellow armored trucks. Unknown why if pulled over all would get out and be vulnerable. Unless it is an inside job and the people transporting were in on it. Pretty stupid people if they did, because it's not like it's an unmarked tractor trailer or something. So, perhaps it was planned to have 'mechanical' issues so they stopped there.

10. Kasia

Not in North Carolina. I have my iPad and Internet use to show I was not there. Now, how about you???????

11. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I confess! It was me, but this whole thing was a big con. There was no gold. It was lead, and we took it into the woods and made fishing weights from the lead ingots. The owner was filing an insurance claim for the lost gold.

Kasia

McBlzr, green18 and paddyman98 like this.
  12. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

insurance scam..

13. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

gold trucks are marker with gps trackers, if it was gold bars they where transporting the insurance would have sent a fraud investigator, and security along with the truck. i smell foul play

14. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Yeah, something seriously is not right. How something like this does not have a chase car is beyond me. Then, a professional style robbery happens just by accident, complete with tie strings? Either the drivers were part of it, or the owner of the firm was in on it, either way there is no possibility in my mind it was not an inside job.

15. miedbe7

miedbe7 Wayward Collector

Oh I see, so the owner of the site can double post, but we can't!
    ::takes ball and goes home:: ;)

Saw this and was immediately interested since I'm from the state. I can also attest to how "backwater" some of those areas of the highway can get. Inside job? 95% confidence interval achieved.

16. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Like the IEDs in the far east, hook a burner phone up to very small explosive device secured over a necessary part of the engine, and follow it and call when ready.

17. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

"Barrels" of gold? Sounds to me like it might have been reclaimed gold in cyanide or perhaps reclaimed plating salts.

I do not know of any gold coin which is shipped in "barrels".

paddyman98 likes this.
  18. medoraman

Yeah, I hear you Jim, but why would the truck stop someplace where such a device could be planted? Why, if its a multi-million dollar shipment would a chase car not be employed? Way too many unusual circumstances in my mind. Either this is the shoddiest multi-million dollar shipment in history, or something else is afoot. I am sure the insurance investigators are asking the same questions and even better ones I can think of.

Heck, my cousin had to haul a pallet of saffron one time, and they impounded the truck first to inspect, he had to have a full tank, and was not allowed to stop en route except at predetermined stopping points and had a chase car at all times. That was just for a pallet of spices, which I don't think would be as attractive as bars of gold bullion to most thieves.

19. medoraman

You can take your ball and go home, but its Peter's court. :)

micbraun and miedbe7 like this.
  20. paddyman98

Have you seen what Saffron is worth? I worked at an Argentinian Restaurant and we kept the Saffron in a safe!
    upload_2015-3-2_17-11-35.png

micbraun, 19Lyds and Markus1959 like this.
  21. Kasia

Cute, signing my name. But you are already being surveilled. Here they are outside your home!!!

outsideyourhome.jpg

micbraun, gronnh20, McBlzr and 4 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted