Anyone else buy silver lately?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by swagge1, May 3, 2012.

1. krispy

krispy krispy

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. krispy

krispy krispy

4. snapsalot

snapsalot Member

Oh really?

Websters definition of Flippant : lacking proper respect

Dictionary.com definition : frivolously disrespectful, shallow

I am bent out of shape because you are blatantly being a jerk. What did you think because you used a word much less commonly used then disrespectful that nobody would know what it means?

I am here to learn some things, possibly teach some things. But not here to have some guy call me names and act like a complete douche, especially unprovoked.

:cool:

5. krispy

krispy krispy

Okay, you win! :rolleyes: Yes, your original post was as you defined it, "shallow" though I would personally hesitate to call it "frivolously disrespectful". Not my choice of words. Them be your bruised semantic victimology on parade for being made to explain what you meant, boo-hoo. Happy? I doubt, but then who would be if they can't buy silver "each n every day"... If you are here to learn something then learn to exercise more restraint in your joking around and apply greater precision in how your initial posts are meant to be read instead of sounding like a bunch of jokes, then you can avoid the back "n" forth over what you originally meant without needing to resort to name calling when you get called on something. I think I've helped you learn quite a lot so your mission here sounds complete. :thumb:

6. Copper Head

Copper Head Active Member

Not to be disrespectful, but yes I have been buying silver lately.

7. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

I haven't purchased any silver bullion since the price went over $20.

8. qsilver007

qsilver007 Member

i bought 100 1963-1967 canadian proof sets at 27.50 each today

9. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

I am like Cloud, I have not bought for some time. Just pure bullion value, I haven't bought since silver was $5. I have bought coins I liked that were based on their silver value around $25, but that was because I liked the coins. I would be interested in some of the same lots if silver gets a little lower.

10. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

That's usually how it goes with me , at times like those I buy a junk Morgan or Peace dollar .

11. C Jay

C Jay Member

Bullion - No, Current mint issue ASE and Silver Proof Sets - Always in very limited amounts.

12. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

I succumbed to the e-bay bug and bought a lot of two resonable shape morgans and four franklin halves for $109.

13. CoinTopia

CoinTopia New Member

Been picking up some Schloss Güldengossa 1/4 oz rounds.

14. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

I sold 1000 ounces when silver hit $46 recently because I wanted to get a 1901-S Barber Quarter. So I have been replacing that silver while it is comparatively cheap. I usually just buy junk silver rounds rather than paying a premium for ASEs. But it is still much higher than the $4 I was paying in the eighties.

15. buzzard

buzzard Active Member

I buy every paycheck, Ebay or coin dealer usually a ASE or silver bars just depends on what i like that day.

16. krispy

krispy krispy

Having looked up my last per oz. bullion buy price, I stopped at $26.40. Over the years, I've been able to buy at prices from: ~$8 to $26.40.
    This excludes periodic purchases of numismatic items.

17. silverfool

silverfool Active Member

my bullion buying is on hold for now. I did buy my 13 ASEs for the year on Wed. 3 as gifts and 10 for me every year. the rest is all generic silver but I'm waiting to see where the market goes. was at the LCS and they had 5 10oz Englehard bars that I normally would have been all over but I can control my addiction now.

18. Catfish4u

Catfish4u New Member

OK..... I am really confused! Are you 1) acting like a douche? 2) kidding and forgot to utilize blue font? 3) really a douche?

19. snapsalot

snapsalot Member

After a few posts from him with a similar attitude I assumed its option number 3.

Which is why I eventually just muted him.

20. AlexN2coins2004

AlexN2coins2004 ASEsInMYClassifiedAD

I think you really should read the whole conversation instead of singling out one post...I think you'd see why krispy posted that...

21. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father Moderator

I was thinking about doing something like this. Just slow and steady. I was thinking about doing $1.00 face value junk silver each week, no more, no less. Still havent started yet, but maybe this will be the week?

Draft saved Draft deleted