Anyone canceling their order of 75th anniversary sets?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by luke2012, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Blast! You got a complimentary upgrade on the shipping. Mines on a trailer some where between Indy and NYS........:)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. krispy

krispy krispy

Yes, I understand, particularly that as a moderator who is aligned with this threads thinking, you can't see objectively enough to actually edit the insults I've endured from others, outright calling me a fool for canceling my order. I understand, that being weird and a minority is a challenge for some, but I never expected the group think from you to be so heavily underscored with such superior reasoning that minority views were wrong because they were not majority ones. You should be wise enough to see the folly in your own expression as I called you on that. That statement rather reflects the quality of what we can expect from such moderation, which is why I said what I said about your role as a moderator, and that's not to suppress your voice because you hold that title in the little realm of this forum.

Of course its successful of the Mint feeding people what they've got them trained to want. I've been saying as much all along. The Mint is the only one making the flipping (killing) that collectors here talking about investing think it is what they are doing. That's something people fail to see and conveniently miss in my comments.

Assuming the obvious and restating it to the neglect of the topic we are discussing in what you are responding to in my comments are not lending further support to your argument.

I'm not asking you to agree with me. I asking you to open your mind to the fact that not everyone thinks and acts alike and some of us make decisions for ourselves, not aligned with the majority at times for reasons our own-- none of which are foolishly decided upon. I have answered this thread topic with my decision to cancel the order and given my reasons, only been told (treated in an insultory fashion) that my approach was that of a fool and that I was a fool for doing it. Nothing could be more belligerent, but it seems you as a moderator agree and support this insulting expression put towards me. I have said, my decision is my own. I have not said that everyone should think and do as I do. I've merely offered my position and reported my actions in this inquiry. I've said that if an individual feels something is wrong with ordering from the Mint for such reasons, the best way to let them know is with your wallet since it sends the strongest message. You appear to miss that in the rush to disagree with me. But where your moderation hat fails you is that you express your personal beliefs when there are times your own collector beliefs might better serve the discussion (given your multiple roles here) and left unsaid.

I have said, I don't care what others in making their decisions to buy or cancel, thought most blindly make that decision and haven't the discipline to question their consuptive behavior and trained response to new product offerings from the Mint. I have merely been standing up for my own decisions, sharing my observations and defending the notion that I am a fool by some ignorant perspective for how I arrived at my decision and acted accordingly.

Again, you ULTIMATELY fail to get the message of my posts. I am not investing in numismatic coins. I don't pay $75/oz to buy $28/oz bullion. I do buy bullion ASE a little over spot for investment, not collectibles. I hadn't originally bought to flip as a collector looking for a profit or to offset my retail price paid from the Mint, nor to acquire a set of coins I thought would increase in value hereafter. Seriously... go back and read what I have been saying before you respond to something I've clarified numerous times in this thread on this matter.

Nothing wrong with being a minority as I said. It more than has its benefits and I am fine with my status and decisions, none of which are the way of the fool. I have already stated for this forum this is not about "winning" as you put it, my decisions are not about making money by ordering or not making money by cancelling, and further this isn't a debate about who among us is more right and wrong. Go back and find it. It's there.

None of this is JMO.

4. krispy

krispy krispy

That's nothing new. There's always a headwind when deliveries travel east it seems. That's the mixed up world of Mint/PCGS deliveries, the wind comes from the east in this topsy-turvey universe.

5. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Only one person cancelled their order, that is sooooo funny! :D I hope they're not waiting for the US Mint to notice. :D

6. mralexanderb

mralexanderb Coin Collector

My order has been sent. There's no turning ack for me. As if I wanted to!

7. krispy

krispy krispy

What's soooo funny is how blatantly wrong you are evidenced by a couple others who felt like sharing that they cancelled orders too in this thread or in other threads on this topic in this greater forum. IF you even took the time to read comments posted in the Coin News link you posted the other day you find others out there have canceled orders too, and in all probability that others who haven't commented may have done so while cancelation was an option OR further still, there are those who may yet return orders received if they decide it's not worth it. It's painfully obvious you aren't paying attention enough to be effective in discussing this beyond superficial remarks.

:rolleyes:

8. fretboard

The other people who cancelled their orders didn't do it out of foolishness like you did. You can try to bring them into the conversation but it won't work. You look foolish and that's the bottom line. What makes it that much better is how much crying you did to members talking about the price watch thread and how much the set would eventually sell for. You looked foolish then and you topped the cake with cancelling your order. I'm glad to see everybody gets to see your foolish mistake!! honk, honk!! :D Yous a fool!! :T$:

Attached Files:

9. krispy

krispy krispy

I'm only a fool for talking to the likes of you and some others here and mistakenly thinking you could discuss it like an adult and informed collector and/or "investor", let alone suspend your own belief to see where others are coming from. Once again you've proven the shallowness of your depths. Thanks for being who and what you really are. :thumb:

10. fretboard

What makes you look like a bigger fool is to keep coming back to this same thread and defending your cancellation. If I were you I would leave the forum until it blows over. Something tells me you're gonna keep coming back for more though. I got an idea, why don't you have a poll and see how many people think you did something foolish by cancelling your order? That way if you win and nobody thinks you're a fool you can forget about it, but if you lose then you gotta face the music like a man. How about it?

It's great to see this payback in action, I must admit. All the people you ever messed with on here get to call you foolish. :thumb:

11. krispy

krispy krispy

Once again, had you been reading, it's not about winning or loosing. It's my decision, reasoned, valid and well defended. And you most certainly don't get to call me a fool for it as you're hardly capable of carrying the discussion here or in other threads where we talk about these things, let alone you're questionable behavior for provoking arguments and further pushing the line of being insulting and calling others names against forum rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.