Anybody Invest in Mexican Gold or Silver ?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by mpcusa, Jun 11, 2017.

1. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Since i added another piece to my 1/10 OZ investment pool today an AGE, thought
    i would stick with just Krugerrand,s but have reconsidered another option why not
    Spread it around, so far i have (1) Krugerrand (1) AGE and i just bought a Libertad
    Which i will post when it comes in also have (1) APE

And lots of Silver but would like to get examples of both gold and silver in each of
    the 1/10 OZ platforms.

With the exception of the Krugerrand 1 OZ (Silver coin) i noticed most of the rest
    Were around the price of an ASE, Maple Leaf, Libertad etc.

So does anybody else out there like this coin ?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

If ur buying 1/10 ounce gold you should just buy whatever you can get at a low premium. It might be worth s couple bucks more for a 1/10 AGE but really I don't lock myself in to buying certain types. I buy what I can get at the best price. If the 1/10 libertad is $135 and the 1/10 krug is $145 I would take the libertad. When you sell ur gonna get spot or maybe spot + $5 if ur lucky. Other than a 1/10 AGE the others are gonna bring you the same price and even the AGE will only be a little more.

And never pay 20% premium for any of them. Some try to sell the 1/10 ounces for $155 or $160. That's robbery you can find good prices even on 1/10.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  4. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

@goldcollector I'm +1 to this. I don't care if the coin has a EDITED: Language carved into it. Is it clearly bullion and is it under melt? If so, I'm interested :p

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2017
    goldcollector likes this.
  5. Jason.A

Jason.A Active Member

I found at peso at the bus stop yesterday.

SilverSurfer415 likes this.
  6. mpcusa

I always try and find the best possible price depending on what i am looking for at
    That time, but realistically easier said then done ! if your looking foe a general date
    you have way more options available 1/10 once libertads are tough very few on the
    Bay and hard to get a really good deal, and forget about 1/10 once buffalo talk
    about an inflated coin, not even in the same universe as spot..LOL

7. mpcusa

Thats to funny ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2017
    Seattlite86 likes this.
  8. Seattlite86

Yes, I was adding humor here, but I was also being serious. If you're looking for pure bullion, you're not looking for ASEs or Krugerands, or anything with high premiums. You're looking for the cheapest deal on the most amount of bullion. I like ASEs but I don't pick them up often because I have a really hard time getting them at/under melt.

gregarious likes this.
  9. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

When you add humor, be sure that it doesn't violate the rules. This is a family forum.

10. Seattlite86

11. mpcusa

Well everything has a price of course, and you always want to get something as close to spot as possible but realisticly thats not always the case unless you know someone that is going to give you a good deal.

12. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

Mexico has beautiful coinage. You can find some good prices if you are patient. It's not usually easy to get both good price, and variety in PMs, especially gold. I did see a seller on EBAY that had 5 different 1/10 world gold coins for what I thought was a good price yesterday. I didn't buy though. Can't remember the seller, but could find easy with search.

13. mpcusa

I will give it a look see, already bought the libertad last night and will only need the
    One for my 1/10 OZ collection.

14. Johndoe2000$

Collection? I thought you were INVESTING.;)

gregarious and Seattlite86 like this.
  15. goldcollector

goldcollector Member

Lol did they just edit the T word.I like this forum but the extremist moderating has me LMAO. Oh NO edit that A.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  16. mpcusa

Investing for sure, just meant adding another coin to the investing pool :)

17. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I do. I love the gold 2 peso coins 20161126_121024-1.jpg 20161126_121322-1.jpg

paddyman98, mpcusa and Johndoe2000$ like this.
  18. Johndoe2000$

Nathan401 likes this.
  19. Nathan401

Here's a 2 and a 2.5 Peso. Both 1945 20170109_091316-1.jpg

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
  20. Nathan401

Oldest Mint in North America.

21. Johndoe2000$

Yes it is. I think Mexico used to produce a 50 peso gold coin that contained approximately 1.2oz. Of gold. Another gorgeous coin. (If memory serves)

Draft saved Draft deleted