Any takers on the 5 oz silver national parks "quarters"

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Danr, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Danr

Danr Numismatist

Those are the normal sized quarters I was talking about the big 5 oz thingy

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mralexanderb

mralexanderb Coin Collector

You could always put it in a bezel and wear it around your neck with the other bling you're wearing.
    I don't think they will be popular. I'll probably pass on them.

Bruce

4. Info Sponge

Info Sponge Junior Member

Asking so I can learn ...

There's a widespread opinion among experienced collectors, not just here, that the America the Beautiful coins are going nowhere.

How does an experienced collector make that kind of judgment? Is it fatigue with the Mint, comparison with similar programs, distrust that the designs will be beautiful, or what?

I'm not arguing with anyone's opinion, just trying to educate myself by finding out the reasoning behind it.

5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

They can hand these things out at the next olympics to the silver medal winners. I think I'll keep collecting silver eagles and pass on this one....

6. Danr

Danr Numismatist

My thought is that it is a large store of silver and it has the potential to be very cool looking. Add to that possible low mintages and you may have a winner (a contrarian view).

7. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

I agree...I would like to put together a collection of these things if I could get them straight from the Mint. Doubt I'll waste my time with third party vendors.

8. Danr

Danr Numismatist

The weird thing is that no one is going to want to pay that premium with a third partty dealer, they are used to small premiums for bullion. And the 3rd party dealers are not going to want to carry them.

9. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

i will not buy any of those 5 oz silver at a quarter face value.

10. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Five (5) Oz of Silver for $.25? Sounds like a pretty good deal to me! :thumb:

Draft saved Draft deleted