Any one get their 2009 Silver Eagles yet?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by flyers10, Jan 12, 2009.

1. flyers10

flyers10 Collector of US Coinage

We are only talking about the 2009 American silver eagle unc coins. We ordered them through a private company called mint products at this address: http://www.mintproducts.com. I think that is what is confusing you. The mint site http://www.usmint.gov I don't show when the Proof american silver eagles are coming out yet. Not sure where they got the Jan 30 date.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. flyers10

Can't beat the classics. Thanks!

4. Indianhead65

Indianhead65 Well-Known Member

My order history at the Mints web site shows mine (proof silver eagles) was shipped on the 12th.

5. flyers10

Really. I get 2 silver eagle proofs on subscription and nothing yet in my order history. I don't even see it available yet on the mint website.

Mailman came today and still no silver eagles from Mint Products. I called them and they tracked it down. They tried to delivery them on Friday but I wasn't home. They didn't even leave a notice so I had no idea they tried to delivery them. Went down to the post office and picked them up. Will open them up at work since 2 other guys at work have some on my order. Don't want to be cherrypicking.

6. mralexanderb

mralexanderb Coin Collector

Are these ASE's cheaper than the US MINT?

The Mintproducts website quotes these coins at $16.99 and the US MINT's at $25.99. (2008)

If that's the case I'll cancel my mint subscription ASAP,

Bruce

7. flyers10

The Mint sells directly to the public the burnished W mint mark silver eagles which they started to do in 2006. That 2008 price was so high because silver was like 18 bucks an ounce at the time they started to sell those W mint mark eagles. Guessing the price will be cheaper this year. Depends what silver does in the next few months.

The silver eagles we are talking about from mint products are the regular bullion silver eagles that the mint sells to dealers only and the dealers then sell to the public. Can't get this type of silver eagles (without the W mint mark) directly from the mint.

8. mralexanderb

mralexanderb Coin Collector

OK, I was under the wrong impression that the USMint wasn't going to produce the burnished coin with the W any more and just make an Unc and a Proof. I'm not sure where I got that info but I actually posted that in a recent thread and I think nobody contradicted me. If I'm wrong then I'm sorry to put bad info out there. I was hoping the Mint would keep on coining the burnished ones a they are a great looking coin (as are the bullion unc's and the Proofs).

Bruce

9. flyers10

Bruce. I agree. Love the W burnished coin. I know the mint is not making a lot of the W mint mark products this year such as platinum and uncirculated eagle gold and buffalo gold but I haven't seen them say they are canceling the W mint marked silver eagles. Got this info from the latest coin values mag. Still not 100 percent sure they will be keeping the W marked silver eagles. Will believe it when I see a date for release published on the mint website.

10. Todd Volker

Todd Volker Member

This is a dumb question, but do you collect these for their innate aesthetic appeal or because they will appreciate in value?

11. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Many years ago. :eat:

12. coins2006

coins2006 Member

I heard that the mint is not going to make the 09 W Unc Silver Eagle. It is only going to be a three year run 06 to 08. But who knows maybe they will release them late in the year like the 06's. Just have to wait and see. Well just got my 2009 District of Columbia & Territories proof set. Coins look real nice.

13. flyers10

Not a dumb question at all. Number 1 reason is to keep the collection going. I have all them starting in 1986. I usually get 3 each year. I like silver and you are getting silver for a few bucks over spot value and a nice coin to boot. I did buy an extra roll of the 2009's this year because I think they may appreciate in value due to high demand and the mint having some trouble getting the blanks to make this coins.

By the way. We just opened up silver eagles I just got from mint products. Very nice. :thumb:

14. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Little bit o' both Todd.

And no, it's not a dumb question.....:D

15. Indianhead65

I dont know, I just added another proof ASE to my subscription so maybe they're sending me the 2008. I checked the Mints web site also and I didnt see the 2009 proof ASE either so right now I'm confused.:goofer: I was going to post my order history up here for you but it wont let me and my order receipt has my address all over it so I didnt want to post that either. Its showing a proof ASE on the reciept but doesnt show which year.

16. flyers10

Strange. I thought the 2008's were sold out already. That is a head scratcher.

17. Indianhead65

Oh well, I guess I'll know when I get it and I'll post it here. I'm in the dark with this one.

18. I purchased a ROW at the Orlando F.U.N. show.

19. covert coins

covert coins Coin Hoarder

Thanks Flyers10 for the website of mint products. Just ordered my 2009 coins from them and can't wait... thanks for the infor Jerry

20. kevcoins

kevcoins Senior Roll Sercher

Got mine at the fun show for 23$

[​IMG]

21. Mr. Coin Lover

Mr. Coin Lover Supporter**

I got my two yesterday and I think they are beautiful. I have two sets going all the way back like someone else posted here. I enjoy the collecting of them and not a bad idea to have some silver available. If you look at the "early" ones and those produced in the last couple of years the improvement in minting technology can be seen. As for the West Point types I have a three coin set slabbed by NGC. I have an '07, '08 with '07 reverse, and an '08. One of these days I am going to build a display case for these three, and bullions I have in two albums. Next year will be the twenty-fifth year of the ASE. I have often wondered if they will go further with these after next year or change to another beautiful historic coin because of our lock-in on dead presidents.

Draft saved Draft deleted