Antique Store Silver

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Matthew Kruse, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Matthew Kruse

Matthew Kruse Young Numismatist

Visited an antique store today to sell some stuff. He offered $50 and I said how about 2 oz of silver? I got the stuff for free anyways so I’m happy :)

upload_2021-9-1_20-53-35.jpeg
    upload_2021-9-1_20-54-4.jpeg

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Matthew Kruse

I also sold some other things in exchange for store credit and I’m planning on getting some coins with it once he shows them to me. Will post afterwards :cool:

4. rte

rte Well-Known Member

Digging the Lakota sitting bull round.
    If I recall those were proofs?

Matthew Kruse likes this.
  5. Matthew Kruse

Yes, its a proof. I think he had a few more…

It’s pretty cool, I read the Lakota tribe currently resides in North and South Dakota.

6. DEA

DEA Well-Known Member

I like the Lakota! Looks neat and is quite interesting - https://en.numista.com/catalogue/exonumia36661.html.

From that Numista URL -

The free and independent Nation of Lakota launched the Free Lakota Bank in 2008. The Lakota are found mostly in South Dakota and Minnesota. The establishment of their own bank follows the formal secession from the United States passed in 2007.
    The bank deals only with Approved silver and gold currencies (AOCS) and since they only deal in these currencies, they do not participate in any central bank scheme.
    Across the great Lakota land, thousands of tribes and merchants participate in their system of trade. This pure-silver ounce is the first coin ever issued by the Lakota Nation.

PS I wonder who mints them? DEA

Matthew Kruse likes this.
  7. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Nice pickup @Matthew Kruse

I too like the Lakota. I wonder what the FIFTY denomination is? Is it dollars? Cents? Bison hides? Beaver pelts? Rose buds?

8. jb10000lakes

jb10000lakes Well-Known Member

Numista has it at dollars.

9. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Thanks for that 411.

10. New collector

New collector Member

Is there any information on how many were made by year? Looks like they were issued 2008 to 2013.

Draft saved Draft deleted