Another way to buy Crypto ( BTC )

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by mpcusa, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) will probably be here by 2030. (goodbye cash?)

Federal Reserve Bank of Boston and MIT are looking into this for the US.

There are some good discussions (videos) about CBDCs on this MIT website https://dci.mit.edu/cbdc-central-bank-digital-currency

Kurisu, Eric the Red and midas1 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

4. -jeffB

To the contrary, I think it's a product of understanding it enough.

midas1 likes this.
  5. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

Last edited: May 1, 2021
  6. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

really not that complicated, if you take the time and to do your research
    after all its your money !

7. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

That's what I'd really like to know. Approximately how much did you invest? How much did you make and how much time did it take to see a profit? You can PM me if that's a better idea. ;)

8. Eric the Red

Eric the Red Well-Known Member

These Crypto kiosk have been popping up every where in Florida for several weeks now. All the convenient stores have them. It's a brave new world;)

9. mpcusa

Great questions, investment is based on your individual situation as everybody's
    is different, I invest with pay pal for all my crypto needs, the big 4 Bit Coin, Etherium, Bit Coin cash and Lite Coin, you can invest for as little as a dollar
    to get some skin in the game, will PM you later on today for the stats.

fretboard likes this.
  10. mpcusa

There has to be a reason, even though as I have repeated this several times in
    many posts, there are allot of people that hate on bit coin but it is the future
    just like the electric car, seeing more adds for EV,S everyday, this is the future
    of are world like it or not.

11. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

My first cryptocurrency buy is going to be Ethereum. My broker, TD Ameritrade, does not handle crypto at this time. Coinbase seems to be the big dog crypto broker. Any suggestions for a credible crypto broker w/ the lowest commission?

12. -jeffB

Even if I believe the electric car is the future, I'm not betting on any particular current brand to dominate twenty years down the road.

Even if I believe cryptocurrency is the future, I'm not betting on any particular current crypto coin to dominate twenty years down the road.

13. -jeffB

It looks like PayPal is the easiest entry point, especially if you've already got an account -- but they put their surcharge on transactions (both buying and selling, I believe), and they don't let you transfer to your own wallet. To me, that's right up there with buying paper silver or gold from a place that doesn't let you take delivery. You can hold crypto in your PayPal account, but you can only get it into or out of your account as fiat.

midas1 likes this.
  14. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

Thanks for the informative reply. I've got an eBay acct but I'm not going to use it for the ETH purchase.

15. mpcusa

Your going to go with what you know, BTC has already established a foot hold
    in the market and has been around for several years so many believe in it and
    have confidence in its future, some dont but I am the one laughing all the way to the bank...LOL

16. mpcusa

Pay pal is the best way to invest in crypto period, they make the process so easy
    and getting an account is even easier ! as far as fees go there very reasonable
    and is based on what you put in and take out of the system, a $30 deposit only
    costs 50 Cents and is prorated from there so yes reasonable !

Like most I dont have a wallet, or do I want one, investing in the technology
    works for me, very simple :)

slackaction1 and midas1 like this.
  17. longshot

longshot Enthusiast Supporter

Screenshot_20210503-184630_Robinhood.jpg
    C'mon, don't you know dogecoin is where the action is? Robinhood sells it. This is not financial advice.;)

18. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

I'd like to buy it through my Roth acct and never have to pay capital gains.

19. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

It's because buying crypto on PayPal is actually more like buying into a crypto mutual fund via PayPal.

For those who don't quite understand crypto yet...the apps on your phone or your computer are not your crypto wallet...technically, your wallet is the string of password phrases you keep secure somewhere offline. So that you can create a 'wallet' of sorts using that string of passwords to access your crypto via the blockchain online where your crypto lives.

Like emails...you can't theoretically lose your crypto unless there is a planet wide server failure somehow. The other thing to understand is that each independent country will end up having some sort of crypto that is its primary currency and will behave just like fiat (physical cash).

For America it might be "USD crypto" it might be something else, but it is a very high priority since our cash can already be virtual. It's still a matter of the government deciding how much exists and how it influences it's value with goods and taxes and interest rates, just like printed monies.

A little example is that India realized that cryptos are essentially borderless and so has made a lot of crypto trading illegal while they develop their own country's crypto currency.

In America you actually need to use a "wallet" based on American servers because just like stocks and bonds and mutual fund trading...yes, you do have to pay taxes on personal gains from crypto. Many people who aren't in the crypto 'game' yet do not really understand this...yet.

Just like off-shore accounts, there will likely always be ways to cheat...but for most crypto owners that is not the way it's happening. Servers and IP addresses are important things, still.

As crypto becomes backed by assets, like the gold in Fort Knox, it will continue to merge with fiat. Visa is currently developing a plan to accept crypto at it's nearly 60 millions terminals...that's going to change some things in the way of acceptance lol!

There is an issue that will arrive during the next few decades and that's quantum computing...when quantum computers become fairly common, even if they're not quite personal computers...theoretically due to the massive computing power of quantum computing unfortunately ALL previous passwords and encryption methods will become 'crackable'. But that's a whole different discussion. For right now the method of blockchain encryption is essentially unhackable due to it's complicated encryption method...yet another whole different discussion.

Hope that all helps a little bit :wideyed::D

slackaction1 and midas1 like this.
  20. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

I use binance...I'll pm you...

midas1 likes this.
  21. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

I'm going to edit that a tiny bit...PayPal might be the EASIEST way...but you're stuck with them and their fees because you don't own the crypto you buy there and cannot transfer it to your own 'wallet'. Rather you own a piece of ebay's crypto, like a mutual fund share.

masterswimmer and midas1 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted