Another Swindler, Former Northwest Mint!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by fretboard, Apr 27, 2018.

1. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Saw ads for them but smart enough not to buy anything. Sorry they did this. Glad that got caught.

4. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

Hopefully, these two never see anything but prison walls for the rest of their days.

5. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

I continue, after about 40 years reading about it, to see places that offer to store bullion for their customers be charged or convicted of fraud. Does anyone know if any company has ever performed such services reputably? Whenever I hear of a firm offering this, I immediately believe it to be a Ponzi scheme based upon prior experience.

6. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

There are still large advertisements by companies which will take your money, buy gold, and allow you to store it at your home in their safe as a bullion IRA. But down at the bottom, it says in 5pt text, " if allowed by the US government". Of course it isn't allowed, so they use some of your money for the "expensive safe" and shipping, and fees, and send you the rest in generic gold rounds they provide at a value they determine. I always wonder how many people believe the scam.

7. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

It has, but I'll never understand the logic of people who use such a service. It makes no sense on any level.

Draft saved Draft deleted