Another Slabbed ASE Query

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Randy Abercrombie, Jul 6, 2021.

1. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

I agree slabbing ASEs a waste of money (other then 1 for my type set all i own are raw) As a matter of fact, unless you are specificaly collecting the whole ASE set or like me a single for a type set, I can see no reason to have them graded. On the other hand it is a gift from "Mom" and probably better that she gets them slabbed rather then getting stuck with fakes :D

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Mom knows you like coins. Especially ASEs. She knows an easy and convenient way to purchase 'em. Doesn't have to drive all over town to buy them. Mom loves you......graciously accept the gifts and don't say a word. devil.gif

4. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Yep. That is the right move. I may be an old fart but it just don’t get any better than moms love.

Hookman and Garlicus like this.
  5. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

There's your question and answer right there.
    If you received a gift from someone for whatever reason, I highly doubt you'd be so crass as to ask how much they paid for it, be it a necktie or a set of golf clubs.

Your mom spent time thinking about your gift, researching it (to whatever degree she did), making the purchase knowing this was something dear to you, and ultimately giving it to you with the hope that you'd treasure it. Honor her unspoken request to do just that. Treasure it and maybe you'll ultimately pass it down to one of your kids or grandkids from their grandma or great grandma.

You've got a very special mom who cares not only about you but about your interests too. You're a lucky guy.

Hookman, kountryken, Garlicus and 2 others like this.
  6. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

A parents love is priceless, a child's most cherished gift to parents is to return the priceless gift with no price tag!

7. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

You are absolutely right about that.

masterswimmer likes this.
  8. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Best answer give her some alternatives, and steer her in that direction.

9. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Just give her a big hug and thank her for being the BEST MOM EVER

Garlicus and Randy Abercrombie like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted